Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

FYI, I have recently done my acs assessment and have got positive assessment but out of my 6yrs and 3 months of experience they have deducted 6 yrs due to non-ICT degree.

Anyone ridding the same boat?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi,

They deduct 6 years if qualification is NON-ICT. There are many forum members who had the same deduction. If you are short on points, scoring a band of 8 is the next option and ofcourse you can apply for state sponsorship for an extra 5 points.

All the best

·
Registered
95 Posts
What happens if someone has a total of 3.5 years IT (Business analyst) experience with a non ICT bachelors and Masters? Will ACS provide a negative(?) skills assessment or mention that the person is ICT unskilled etc? Can such a person still apply for a GSM or state sponsored visa?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What happens if someone has a total of 3.5 years IT (Business analyst) experience with a non ICT bachelors and Masters? Will ACS provide a negative(?) skills assessment or mention that the person is ICT unskilled etc? Can such a person still apply for a GSM or state sponsored visa?
I think they will not provide a positive assessment in this case. But I will let seniors answer this.

Did u apply for ACS finally?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yes they will provide negative assessment fact that it has been clearly stated in 'Summary Of Criteria' as for successful outcome one must need 6 yrs and above exp with RPL application for NON ICT degree or higher.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have Bachelor degree (B.Com) but I have 14+ years experience in IT (Software development / Project management). Can I apply for skill assessment for (Software Application Programmer)?

Will they give me negative score?

·
Registered
9 Posts
You will have to apply for RPL for assessment.

Hi,

I have Bachelor degree (B.Com) but I have 14+ years experience in IT (Software development / Project management). Can I apply for skill assessment for (Software Application Programmer)?

Will they give me negative score?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts