Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,

I have a question about the employee references document to be submitted for acs skills assesment. Hope some one can shed some light on that.

I have an overall experience of 5 years in Software Development in India. I worked in TCS for 4 years and in CTS for 1 year (Current Company).

I understand that, i need to submit my employee references for my skills assesment. I have got that from my previous company.

Is it sufficient for my skills assesment ? or should i get employee references from my current company as well ?

Thanks in advance,
Dinesh A

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi Friends,

I have a question about the employee references document to be submitted for acs skills assesment. Hope some one can shed some light on that.

I have an overall experience of 5 years in Software Development in India. I worked in TCS for 4 years and in CTS for 1 year (Current Company).

I understand that, i need to submit my employee references for my skills assesment. I have got that from my previous company.

Is it sufficient for my skills assesment ? or should i get employee references from my current company as well ?

Thanks in advance,
Dinesh A
Hi dinesh,

You have to submit as many documents as possible to get the outcome as you desired.

The list of documents includes:
1. Job offer letter
2. Appointment letter
3. Letter of job description/roles and responsibilities
4. letter of recommendation/reference letter
5. experience letter
6. relieving letter
7. promotion/appreciation letters
8. Form 16, bank statements, income tax returns, pay slips etc.

Here the bottom line is the more the documents you submit, the better your chances will be. Try to get letter of job description from your immediate manager/hr manager on company's letterhead. In case you are unable to get it done, try to take it on a stamp paper signed by your boss or colleague with his/her contact details like official email id, phone number etc.

This is one of the recommended things to get skills assessment positive.

regards,
sathiya

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi dinesh_8737,

I have to disagree with sathiya. ACS is not interested in your bank statements, pay slips or joining or relieving letters.

The only thing the assessor needs is a reference letter that follows the ACS sample format as closely as possible. If you submit statutory declarations from colleagues instead of official reference letters, you can optionally supplement that with a business card of the colleague (to show that s/he really worked at company X) and a self-drawn organization chart. That's it. Submitting more only slows down the assessor because s/he has to sort through documents that aren't needed.

You can start an online application now to get a better feel for what you need. The form is very rigidly structured - there are no categories that allow you to upload additional documents like payslips (except if you merge them with other PDFs or use "wrong" categories).

Keep the other evidence ready, though. DIBP will want to see proof of your salary and work hours in addition to the reference letters, so pay slips, bank statements and tax return documents will definitely be needed down the road.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi dinesh_8737,

I have to disagree with sathiya. ACS is not interested in your bank statements, pay slips or joining or relieving letters.

The only thing the assessor needs is a reference letter that follows the ACS sample format as closely as possible. If you submit statutory declarations from colleagues instead of official reference letters, you can optionally supplement that with a business card of the colleague (to show that s/he really worked at company X) and a self-drawn organization chart. That's it. Submitting more only slows down the assessor because s/he has to sort through documents that aren't needed.

You can start an online application now to get a better feel for what you need. The form is very rigidly structured - there are no categories that allow you to upload additional documents like payslips (except if you merge them with other PDFs or use "wrong" categories).

Keep the other evidence ready, though. DIBP will want to see proof of your salary and work hours in addition to the reference letters, so pay slips, bank statements and tax return documents will definitely be needed down the road.

Cheers,
Monika
hi Monika,

sorry, i thought to mention that the documents i listed are good and ideal for whole process, especially, visa application and so. However, by mistake,, i added them in the list of documents to be submitted to ACS for skills assessment.

Yes, you are right.

Thnaks,

sathiya

1 - 5 of 5 Posts