Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had did ACS but the only problem was that I that I don't know about the skill requirement met date. I didn't provided the experience that I had during and before my education as I thought that I had 8 years of overall experience in Software Development. So ACS deducted my 2 years of experience resulting in total skill experience to be 6 years which can give me 10 point. I had software development experience before and during my education, if i submit a new ACS assessment including the experience i mentioned, will my skill met date be updated. Currently it is Sept 2008.

Here are the experience details
Education:
Bachelors in Computer Science : Sept 2002 - Sept 2006
Experience: (All under Software Development expertise)
Software Engineer: June 2001 - July 2005 - 4 years and 1 month *NOT USED FOR SKILL ASSESSMENT BEFORE
Sr. Software Engineer: July 2005 - Feb 2007 - 1 year and 7 month
Sr. Software Engineer/Team Lead: Feb 2007 - June 2015 - 8 years and 4 month

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had did ACS but the only problem was that I that I don't know about the skill requirement met date. I didn't provided the experience that I had during and before my education as I thought that I had 8 years of overall experience in Software Development. So ACS deducted my 2 years of experience resulting in total skill experience to be 6 years which can give me 10 point. I had software development experience before and during my education, if i submit a new ACS assessment including the experience i mentioned, will my skill met date be updated. Currently it is Sept 2008.

Education:
Software Engineer: June 2001 - July 2005 - 4 years and 1 month *NOT USED FOR SKILL ASSESSMENT BEFORE
If I'm not wrong, ACS considers exp. only after completion of ICT majore degree. I don't think re-assessment will benefit you.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure of this point, but yes if it considers only that experience after education than you are right that reassessement willnot do any thing

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Kindly share the exact TEXT from your ACS letter masking your personal details.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 135199 (ICT Managers nec) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from University of Sydney completed May 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

The following employment after February 2010 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 135199 (ICT Managers nec) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 01/08 - 04/09 (1yrs 3mths)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer: IBM

Dates: 04/09 - 12/09 (0yrs 8mths)
Employer: Microsoft

Dates: 01/10 - 05/12 (2yrs 4mths)
Employer: Accenture

Education:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is what ACS States

Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from*** completed September 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.
The following employment after December 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 07/05 - 02/07 (1yrs 7mths)
Employer: ***
Dates: 07/08 - 02/15 (6yrs 7mths)
Position: Information Systems Lead
Employer: ****

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be (DATE MON XXXX) WHEN BOTH the relevant work experience AND the relevant qualification are completed.

If I'm not wrong, ACS considers exp. only after completion of ICT majore degree. I don't think re-assessment will benefit you.
I am not sure of this point, but yes if it considers only that experience after education than you are right that reassessement willnot do any thing

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

AFTER going through the details WHICH you have provided.

...IMO...

IF you are able to prove ALL your employment months/years FROM first employment June 2001 up to June 2015.

PLUS Your relevant Bachelor Degree is assessed to be completed by September 2006.

THEN

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be September 2006 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work experience AND the relevant qualification are completed.

Only relevant work experience completed after September 2006 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for migration points test.

All work experience completed before September 2006 is NOT eligible for migration points test.

Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants - Chapter 5 (Page 5) - Example - 2

Here is what ACS States

Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from*** completed September 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after December 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/05 - 02/07 (1yrs 7mths)
Employer: ***

Dates: 07/08 - 02/15 (6yrs 7mths)
Position: Information Systems Lead
Employer: ****

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Give me one more suggestion, I have 2 options now
1. considering 10 points for skilled experience, I have 55 points and with state sponsorship, I am eligible to apply for 190.
2. Secondly I can get reassess from ACS and can get 15 points for skilled experience and can apply for both 189 or 190.

What will be your suggestion to proceed and how much time does this process takes i mean from submission to invitation under 26112 System Analyst

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

IMO .... you should go for option 2.

Regarding timelines we have to wait for IMMI to come out with NEW Process/Rules Changes (IF ANY) for NEW FY starting 1 July 2015.

IF no major Rule changes THEN everything depends on HOW many people are ahead of you in QUEUE at the time of INVITATION Rounds.

As during this FY, 2611 | ICT Business and Systems Analysts, was a fast moving occupation and the Quota exhausted pretty early.

AFTER Looking at the TRENDS of July 2015 invitations rounds I would be able to give you an educated answer.

Thanks

Give me one more suggestion, I have 2 options now
1. considering 10 points for skilled experience, I have 55 points and with state sponsorship, I am eligible to apply for 190.
2. Secondly I can get reassess from ACS and can get 15 points for skilled experience and can apply for both 189 or 190.

What will be your suggestion to proceed and how much time does this process takes i mean from submission to invitation under 26112 System Analyst

Reactions: immigrant589

·
Registered
96 Posts
AFTER going through the details WHICH you have provided.

...IMO...

IF you are able to prove ALL your employment months/years FROM first employment June 2001 up to June 2015.

PLUS Your relevant Bachelor Degree is assessed to be completed by September 2006.

THEN

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be September 2006 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work experience AND the relevant qualification are completed.

Only relevant work experience completed after September 2006 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for migration points test.

All work experience completed before September 2006 is NOT eligible for migration points test.

Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants - Chapter 5 (Page 5) - Example - 2

·
Registered
96 Posts

Education:
Hi,

Yes, please go ahead and provide all your relevant experience that was before and within your studies.

If you were doing BS and before and during BS you were working in the closely match occupation with your ongoing degree, ACS will count 2 years as 1 year.

So if you had worked 2 years before and 4 years during the studies, overall you will get 3 years working experience for it.

I had a similar case and ACS awarded me points for it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello every one,

Could you please tell me how many years will be counted by ACS for my case given below.

Software Developer (Sep 2001- July 2004)
Software Engineer (Aug 2004 - Feb 2010)
Sr Software Engineer (Mar 2010 - to Date)

MCS 2Years (Jan 2005 - Dec 2006)

Thank you for your expert answers

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi immigrant589,

i am excatly in the same situation that you had been. I have recently received my ACS assessment and they have deducted 5.6 years experience out of 10 years.
they have assessed my MCS-2 years as AQF associate degree major in computing and Bsc-2 years as AQF associate degree major in computing.
I only had shown post MCS experience which was around 10 years. i was actually anticipating that they would assessed my MCS as AQF bachelor but in vain.

now i also had 5 years of experience after my Bsc computer science which i didn't provide to ACS.

my question is as my Bsc is also assessed as AQF associate degree major in computing and if i provide additional 5 years of experience(post bsc). will ACS change my met date and will award me 8 years of experience?

Anyone with expert suggestions, please.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts