Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

I have 4 years BEng degree in IT with 5 years expirence on job title Systems Adminstrator. Now according to SOL the ACSO code is 2231-11, however my expirence is on Linux, Solaris and network security. I dont have any certification.
will i be assigned ACSO Code 2231-11 or ACSO code 2231-79

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
in all probability it would b e 2231-11, had you stressed more on network security, you had possibility of being given 2231-79. all you can do now is wait. but you can apply for re-assessment if you do get 2231-11 but again, it depends on them, if they feel you know more thn just network security, they will not change it to 2231-79. same happened with my husband who deploys, maintains servers, has worked on architecture, network security, exchange, AD etc etc

·
Banned
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in all probability it would b e 2231-11, had you stressed more on network security, you had possibility of being given 2231-79. all you can do now is wait. but you can apply for re-assessment if you do get 2231-11 but again, it depends on them, if they feel you know more thn just network security, they will not change it to 2231-79. same happened with my husband who deploys, maintains servers, has worked on architecture, network security, exchange, AD etc etc
Thanks for your quick reply,

I believe my expirence letter should focus on linux and solaris rather then any thing else. otherwise that will confuse them and they can give me a differenct asc code.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts