Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

ACS Skill Assessment

6K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  anj1976 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am preparing my case for ACS skill assessment and i will be applying under Programmer/Analyst ASCO Code..., I have a question regarding Employer References.

Will it be alright if the letter from HR only describes my responsibilities? (Other than Job Title, Duration...). As per ACS requirements, the only thing i see missing is the description of tools that i have been using in my work...

Best Regards,

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Re:

Hi,

If possible you should get a reference letter from a co-worker or manager, explaining some of the projects you have worked on and the skills/tools involved. The more information you can provide the ACS the easier it is for them to approve your application.

Mat
Hi Mat,
Thanks for the reply. Actually getting a letter from a co-worker or the manager is an issue here. As per the company rules, managers are co-workers are not authorized to use the official letter-head.

Best Regards,

Discussion starter · #5 ·
They don't have to be on official letterhead, but as long as it corroborates the information provided by HR it should do. They should provide as much detail as possible, including how long they have worked with you and the nature of your interactions. Including this information along with your letter from HR can do now harm, and only enhance your application.

Mat
Well, that would be really great.
Thanks a lot for your help mat, so simply saying that an official letter from HR (Notorized + on original letter head) along with a reference letter from my manager (Not Stamped + an A-4 letter) will do the job. Right? :)

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Re:

Yes, just make sure they clearly state what company they work for, and include contact info etc. It also wouldn't hurt if you add your own personal letter explaining the companies policy on not allowing co-workers/manager to write letters on official letterhead.
Thanks a lot Mat, really appreciate your help. But just one last question... :)
Can Statutory Declaration document play a role here?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.