Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

1. I have done bachelor of engineering in computer science from India and Masters in Information Technology from Deakin University, Australia. Do I need work experience for skill assessment? Nominated Occupation would be Developer/Programmer. If not then,

2. I have 17 months of experience as a developer programmer from India and I recently started working in the same occupation and in soon*I will have 7 months of the Australian experience. Can I combine both these jobs to make up for 2 years of experience to be eligible for skill assessment? Thanks in Advance!

If you could clarify it to me, it would be a great help.

Thanks

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Hi All,

1. I have done bachelor of engineering in computer science from India and Masters in Information Technology from Deakin University, Australia. Do I need work experience for skill assessment? Nominated Occupation would be Developer/Programmer. If not then,

2. I have 17 months of experience as a developer programmer from India and I recently started working in the same occupation and in soon*I will have 7 months of the Australian experience. Can I combine both these jobs to make up for 2 years of experience to be eligible for skill assessment? Thanks in Advance!

If you could clarify it to me, it would be a great help.

Thanks
For ACS assessment, you can combine Indian and Australian experience

But frankly, what will you do with a positive assessment as without points for experience, it’s nearly impossible to get an invite
So wait for a few years and get more experience before you start spending your money on English test and skilled assessment

If you can get away with no deductions from experience as you have done masters from Australia, then also you will get no points for Indian experience

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response NB. Appreciate it.

Yes, you are right. I won't get experience points. however, if I apply now then I can upgrade my points in future. In the meantime, my file will be moved in the queue.

What you reckon?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Thanks for your response NB. Appreciate it.

Yes, you are right. I won't get experience points. however, if I apply now then I can upgrade my points in future. In the meantime, my file will be moved in the queue.

What you reckon?
ACS assessment is valid for only 2 years
English tests valid for 3 years
Also Everytime your points change, you go back in the queue

So if you have no realistic chance of getting an invite in the next 2 years, it’s money down the drain

You can take your own decision
Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts