Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is the experience letter issued by my employer, however location of work is not mentioned on this letter although I have worked in India only. Also, I am not sure if my experience summary is sufficed for ACS skill assessment for anzsco code 261313, Software Engineer. Can you please advise. Thanks

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN
This is to certify that Mr. XXXX was working with XXXX from <Start Date> to <End Date> on full time
basis.

The designation held by him at the time of leaving was Software Engineer.

His brief experience summary during the stay with the organization is given below:

Experienced in consulting, designing, developing and delivering solutions across platforms.

Experienced in engaging customer, requirements gathering and end to end implementation of enterprise applications.

Has experience in client interfacing and also understood customer’s business paradigm and provided
value-added solutions.

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
Below is the experience letter issued by my employer, however location of work is not mentioned on this letter although I have worked in India only. Also, I am not sure if my experience summary is sufficed for ACS skill assessment for anzsco code 261313, Software Engineer. Can you please advise. Thanks

This is to certify that Mr. XXXX was working with XXXX from <Start Date> to <End Date> on full time
basis.

His brief experience summary during the stay with the organization is given below:

Experienced in consulting, designing, developing and delivering solutions across platforms.

Experienced in engaging customer, requirements gathering and end to end implementation of enterprise applications.

Has experience in client interfacing and also understood customer’s business paradigm and provided
value-added solutions.
This is very generic RNR which is practically useless

I would not apply with this letter as the chances of rejection by ACS are very high

You should get the location added and the RNR much more detailed

Cheers

·
Registered
11,349 Posts

basis.

value-added solutions.
There are a lot of templates here, just use the format found, if they are happy to sign this, then they should be ok to follow the required format?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is very generic RNR which is practically useless

I would not apply with this letter as the chances of rejection by ACS are very high

You should get the location added and the RNR much more detailed

Cheers
As this letter is issued to me by my previous employer, when I requested them for a detailed RNR and location, they refused me by saying that they do not provide any such letters and the letter they have provided me is the best they can do.

Shall I also get a SD/Affidavit by a colleague and submit both.

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
As this letter is issued to me by my previous employer, when I requested them for a detailed RNR and location, they refused me by saying that they do not provide any such letters and the letter they have provided me is the best they can do.

Shall I also get a SD/Affidavit by a colleague and submit both.
The SD should preferably be made by a manager or team leader

Is the person signing the SD senior to you ?

Do you have the supporting documents required by ACS is case of a SD ?

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are a lot of templates here, just use the format found, if they are happy to sign this, then they should be ok to follow the required format?
As I already had a brief experience letter from my previous letter, they just added a "full time basis" keyword in that and replied that they cannot update the RNR for an ex-employee. This is a visa format letter they can best provide me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The SD should preferably be made by a manager or team leader

Is the person signing the SD senior to you ?

Do you have the supporting documents required by ACS is case of a SD ?

Cheers

It would be by a working colleague who joined on the same date as I joined, but stayed longer with the organisation than me.

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
It would be by a working colleague who joined on the same date as I joined, but stayed longer with the organisation than me.
By senior I mean in designation not years of working in the company ?

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
By senior I mean in designation not years of working in the company ?

Cheers
I think I may not be able to get an affidavit from a Senior by designation. That's why I am thinking to manage to get it by a colleague.

Appreciate your prompt advice on all my queries. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
I think I may not be able to get an affidavit from a Senior by designation. That's why I am thinking to manage to get it by a colleague.

Appreciate your prompt advice on all my queries. Thanks a lot.
Getting a SD from a equal rank or junior colleague is frowned upon and should be used only as a last resort when everything else has failed

Beware of that

Cheers

·
Registered
11,349 Posts
As I already had a brief experience letter from my previous letter, they just added a "full time basis" keyword in that and replied that they cannot update the RNR for an ex-employee. This is a visa format letter they can best provide me.

Then SD can be added as primary evidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Below is the experience letter issued by my employer, however location of work is not mentioned on this letter although I have worked in India only.
Does the letter head have the India office address mentioned in it, typically below the company name or as a footnote? If yes, it is good enough in terms of location. However, I agree with the senior members of the forum that an SD with detailed roles and responsibilities from a person senior in designation to you is required, as against submitting the current letter.

Regards,
Ameya

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Getting a SD from a equal rank or junior colleague is frowned upon and should be used only as a last resort when everything else has failed

Beware of that

Cheers
Yes, I understand that. So can you suggest If I submit the reference letter from my previous employer where RNR is not very detailed and also a SD with detail RNR. Do you think two references will make a positive impact?

Also, I am getting an SD from my current supervisor whom I am reporting in my current employment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then SD can be added as primary evidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will SD from a colleague will work and not from a supervisor or any senior.
I have seen people submitting SDs from a colleague and getting a positive skill assessment.
Also is there a limit to submitting references for any employment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does the letter head have the India office address mentioned in it, typically below the company name or as a footnote? If yes, it is good enough in terms of location. However, I agree with the senior members of the forum that an SD with detailed roles and responsibilities from a person senior in designation to you is required, as against submitting the current letter.

Regards,
Ameya
Yeah, the address is there on the footnote. Since I have worked with various supervisors, most of them left before me and I am not finding anyone who can write me a SD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts