Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Anyone who submitted the documents to ACS in August?
Have you received assessment report yet?
Yes...they generally take 40-50 days for assessment. When did you submit?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,

I had submitted ACS request on 15th August and got my results today.
It was positive.

Thanks,
Santhosh

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, One of my past company is not providing me the reference letter on numerous requests. Kindly help me what can I do for ACS assessment. All I have the salary slips , releving letter of that company but job duties, full time are not mentioned. Anyone pls help me what to do in this case.. step by step.
Note- If i take a signature from an employee of that company during my tenure so does it matter that he/she should be employed there in that company before my joining time and after my relieving day.??

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi, One of my past company is not providing me the reference letter on numerous requests. Kindly help me what can I do for ACS assessment. All I have the salary slips , releving letter of that company but job duties, full time are not mentioned. Anyone pls help me what to do in this case.. step by step.
Note- If i take a signature from an employee of that company during my tenure so does it matter that he/she should be employed there in that company before my joining time and after my relieving day.??
You can take a statutory declaration from your senior (preferably reporting manager) who worked with you in the same company for the tenure you have worked. It has to be done on a stamp paper and notarized. That SD should/must contain your RnR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,

I have received my ACS Skill Assessment results on September 18, which as follows:

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code. Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai completed May 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing.

The following employment after February 2015 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 02/11 - 01/12 - 0 year(s) 11 month(s)
Position: Software Engineer
Employer: XXXXXXXX

Dates: 01/12 - 02/14 - 2 year(s) 1 month(s)
Position: Consultant

Dates: 02/14 - 07/17 - 3 year(s) 5 month(s)
Position: Senior Software Engineer

Dates: 07/17 - 03/18 - 0 year(s) 8 month(s)
Position: Engineer II

Dates: 03/18 - 08/18 - 0 year(s) 5 month(s)
Position: Analyst

They have deducted my 4 years and I have no clue for what reason they have done it. I have taken RNR from one of my friend whose skill assessment is completed successfully as well as we have the same engineering degree.
1. I have collected experience documents from HR, except my current company.
2. I have completed diploma+ engineering (both Major in Computer)

I have asked a few queries to the ACS team and they gave a very generic answer as follows:

As your Bachelor degree was assessed as an ICT Major and Not being closely related to the nominated occupation, you were required to demonstrate 4 years of experience in any time period.

Again I asked queries but they gave me a generic reply:

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be noted on your ACS result letter and will be determined by the outcome of the suitability criteria.
All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

The date provided in your skill assessment result letter is the date you have met the ACS requirements.

As your Bachelor has been assessed as being comparable to an AQF Bachelor with a major in computing that is not closely related to the nominated occupation, you are required to demonstrate 4 years of relevant experience. This is completed on 02/2015. Work experience from 02/2011 + 4 years = 02/2015.

02/2015 is the date you have met the ACS requirements and is the date in which you are deemed to have reached the appropriate skilled level for your nominated occupation.

Following is my qualification and experience:
Qualification: 1. Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai
2. Diploma in Computer Technology from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)
Experience: Software Engineer
ANZSCO Code applied: 261313 - Software Engineer
Total Experience: 7+ (from the year 2011 till now)
As per my qualification and experience, I understand that only 2 years from experience should be deducted.

I have gone through many forums and have discussed my case with people, they suggested to me:
1. To check whether my subjects in both in Engineering and Diploma are having 65% of the ICT Content. -
First of all, I am very confused for same Engineering degree people to have received positive skill assessment. Even I discussed with my friend who knows a person who has done Diploma+ Degree, received a positive skill assessment.
Also, recently (in September) a person got a positive skill assessment for Dip (2003)+Degree (2006) (both from Mumbai).

Secondly, to match my Dip+degree subjects do I need to compare those subjects with the list given for ANZSCO code ICT Content? I have matched those and I found a few subjects which are matching with the subjects that I have studied. So, again, the question is how people having same Dip+Degree have got positive skill assessment? Is there any other way of comparing the subject list to get 65%?
2. Go for an APPEAL -
In one of the forum thread, a person who was in a similar situation filed an appeal and got a positive result. He downloaded the brochure for the degree he had studied and mentioned the details of his subjects in that appeal. Is this the only way to file an appeal?

I am completely annoyed and frustrated. Have spent hours and hours to find the root cause for deducting 4 years. Also, not able to finalize the content for an appeal.

Kindly help those who have knowledge about such kind of scenario.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hi
Have they mentioned anything about your diploma as well. Is the work ex after diploma. Like BE followed by diploma followed by work ex
There are more cases recently after Aug'18 assessment of cs BE with 4 year work ex deducted.

Thanks and Regards

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
Have they mentioned anything about your diploma as well. Is the work ex after diploma. Like BE followed by diploma followed by work ex
There are more cases recently after Aug'18 assessment of cs BE with 4 year work ex deducted.

Thanks and Regards
I have completed my 10th (SSC) -> Diploma -> Engineering -> Started working

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi guys,

I have received my ACS Skill Assessment results on September 18, which as follows:

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code. Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai completed May 2009 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing.

The following employment after February 2015 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

They have deducted my 4 years and I have no clue for what reason they have done it. I have taken RNR from one of my friend whose skill assessment is completed successfully as well as we have the same engineering degree.

I have asked a few queries to the ACS team and they gave a very generic answer as follows:

As your Bachelor degree was assessed as an ICT Major and Not being closely related to the nominated occupation, you were required to demonstrate 4 years of experience in any time period.

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be noted on your ACS result letter and will be determined by the outcome of the suitability criteria.
All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment” and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

The date provided in your skill assessment result letter is the date you have met the ACS requirements.

As your Bachelor has been assessed as being comparable to an AQF Bachelor with a major in computing that is not closely related to the nominated occupation, you are required to demonstrate 4 years of relevant experience. This is completed on 02/2015. Work experience from 02/2011 + 4 years = 02/2015.

02/2015 is the date you have met the ACS requirements and is the date in which you are deemed to have reached the appropriate skilled level for your nominated occupation.

Qualification: 1. Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Engineering from University of Mumbai
2. Diploma in Computer Technology from Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)
As per my qualification and experience, I understand that only 2 years from experience should be deducted.

I have gone through many forums and have discussed my case with people, they suggested to me:
1. To check whether my subjects in both in Engineering and Diploma are having 65% of the ICT Content. -
First of all, I am very confused for same Engineering degree people to have received positive skill assessment. Even I discussed with my friend who knows a person who has done Diploma+ Degree, received a positive skill assessment.
Also, recently (in September) a person got a positive skill assessment for Dip (2003)+Degree (2006) (both from Mumbai).

Secondly, to match my Dip+degree subjects do I need to compare those subjects with the list given for ANZSCO code ICT Content? I have matched those and I found a few subjects which are matching with the subjects that I have studied. So, again, the question is how people having same Dip+Degree have got positive skill assessment? Is there any other way of comparing the subject list to get 65%?
2. Go for an APPEAL -
In one of the forum thread, a person who was in a similar situation filed an appeal and got a positive result. He downloaded the brochure for the degree he had studied and mentioned the details of his subjects in that appeal. Is this the only way to file an appeal?

I am completely annoyed and frustrated. Have spent hours and hours to find the root cause for deducting 4 years. Also, not able to finalize the content for an appeal.

Dear,

I can feel your pain and I will try to satisfy you..

First of all I would like to ask your points breakdown?? Based on your skill assessment you are claiming 5 points of experience and 15 points of your education.. Surely you are losing 5 points of your experience after deduction by ACS.

2ndly, Appeal doesn't work at all so I will not recommend you to go for appeal as ACS is very mean in appeal matters they always try to defend themselves.
Let me tell you some examples, this will clear your mind that how ACS people work and how much capable they are..

One of my friend had Telecommunication Science degree ( not engineering / Bachelor ) ACS assessed his degree as AQF bachelor major in computing..

And then at the same time another guy from the same college and same qualification applied and ACS assessed his degree as AQF associate as minor in computing..

when 2nd guy asked the ACS that why you assessed me as associate wherever you assessed the same qualification from the same college as AQF bachelor major in computing ( screenshot attached as reference).

ACS replied him based on your outcome its seems to be fair assessment but we can take a look into your matter if you lodge appeal by paying XXX fee.

He lodged the appeal and after waiting a month Appeal outcome was,
Based on your reference provided ( 1st guy's case ) ACS did a blunder by considering that degree as bachelor because as per ACS standards your qualification can only be assessed as AQF associate so our decision must remain final.

Now, the purpose of giving you this example is to give you the clear image of ACS people. They always try to defend their decision and in your case its very common I can show you many cases in which ACS deduct 4 years of experience.. So we can't debate with them, we can't do anything as at the end it will cost us the waste of time and money..

Remember "There is no justice in the world, It's only a GOOD LUCK and a BAD LUCK"

Don't disappoint and have faith when there is a will there is a way..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Dear,

I can feel your pain and I will try to satisfy you..

First of all I would like to ask your points breakdown?? Based on your skill assessment you are claiming 5 points of experience and 15 points of your education.. Surely you are losing 5 points of your experience after deduction by ACS.

2ndly, Appeal doesn't work at all so I will not recommend you to go for appeal as ACS is very mean in appeal matters they always try to defend themselves.
Let me tell you some examples, this will clear your mind that how ACS people work and how much capable they are..

One of my friend had Telecommunication Science degree ( not engineering / Bachelor ) ACS assessed his degree as AQF bachelor major in computing..

And then at the same time another guy from the same college and same qualification applied and ACS assessed his degree as AQF associate as minor in computing..

when 2nd guy asked the ACS that why you assessed me as associate wherever you assessed the same qualification from the same college as AQF bachelor major in computing ( screenshot attached as reference).

ACS replied him based on your outcome its seems to be fair assessment but we can take a look into your matter if you lodge appeal by paying XXX fee.

He lodged the appeal and after waiting a month Appeal outcome was,
Based on your reference provided ( 1st guy's case ) ACS did a blunder by considering that degree as bachelor because as per ACS standards your qualification can only be assessed as AQF associate so our decision must remain final.

Now, the purpose of giving you this example is to give you the clear image of ACS people. They always try to defend their decision and in your case its very common I can show you many cases in which ACS deduct 4 years of experience.. So we can't debate with them, we can't do anything as at the end it will cost us the waste of time and money..

Remember "There is no justice in the world, It's only a GOOD LUCK and a BAD LUCK"

Don't disappoint and have faith when there is a will there is a way..
I can completely understand below scenario:

And then at the same time another guy from the same college and same qualification applied and ACS assessed his degree as AQF associate as minor in computing

But in my case, I have completed my Diploma and Degree from a reputed university as well as both are major in Computer. In my case, have not seen any other instance where the 4-years are deducted for Mumbai University's Computer Engineering.

Thanks for the replies as I wanted to take help from all you experts so that I can understand things better and can take further steps.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi guys,

2. Go for an APPEAL -

Hope the below clarifies -

ACS will deduct 2 years if your degree is Major in Computing,
ACS will deduct 4 years if your degree is Major in Computing but not closely related to nominated Occupation
ACS will deduct 5 years if your Degree is Minor is Computing
ACS will Deduct 6 year in RPL

In your case you fall under Category 2, hence 4 years.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hope the below clarifies -

ACS will deduct 2 years if your degree is Major in Computing,
ACS will deduct 4 years if your degree is Major in Computing but not closely related to nominated Occupation
ACS will deduct 5 years if your Degree is Minor is Computing
ACS will Deduct 6 year in RPL

In your case you fall under Category 2, hence 4 years.
It's not always the case, my one was deducted 4 years with RPL.

Anyway, anyone can please estimate when I might have my renew one. I submitted my renew application on 3rd Sept?:clock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts