Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I filed for ACS assessment on Aug 9th (261313) and today even though it showed in stage 4, on the top it showed case finalized. I emailed my agent regarding it and she told me that ACS had already sent an assessment for me 2 days ago but it was negative. Apparently they had ignored my experience of 5 years and 3 months with my last company so thankfully that was sorted out and they sent out a positive assessment today where they gave me 1 yr 11 months for the 1st company and 5 years 3 months for my last company (skilled experience is considered from March 2008). Anybody else have experienced such a screw up from ACS where they completely ignored docs for some company? Also, for the first company, they've shown the country as Georgia when in fact the state was Georgia and country was USA. Will that create any issues?

My question regarding DIAC is that for pay stubs do you know if I need to show pay stubs pre 2008 as well since they will not consider my experience from March 2006 to March 2008 and considered me as skilled only from March 2008 onwards?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hi Rahul,

I would suggest you to contact ACS yourself and seek for clarification. I know they may not justify, however there are chances that they may reconsider some of your exeperiences. In case also, they first reduced 6 yrs out of 11. later 3 yrs was added in the fresh letter.

This happened only becoz I asked the case officer on the reason of refusal. Later she replied and accepted my clarification on the same. Better you take the case number from your agent and call them directly. It would surely help. Their call time is 9:30 to 12:30am Aus time. You might need to wake up early for this.

-Pk

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pk,

Thanks for your response, however, as I have mentioned in my post, my agent did take it up with them and they sent out a positive assessment today. My agent forwarded me both assessments from ACS. ;)

However, would you happen to know about my 2nd query with regards to pay stubs during the time the ACS (& DIAC) don't consider you to be skilled? Will they ask me for paystubs during that time? My agent is of the opinion that paystubs need to be provided only from March 2008 onwards since that is the time from which ACS is giving me credit.

Thanks,
Rahul

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi Pk,

Thanks for your response, however, as I have mentioned in my post, my agent did take it up with them and they sent out a positive assessment today. My agent forwarded me both assessments from ACS. ;)

However, would you happen to know about my 2nd query with regards to pay stubs during the time the ACS (& DIAC) don't consider you to be skilled? Will they ask me for paystubs during that time? My agent is of the opinion that paystubs need to be provided only from March 2008 onwards since that is the time from which ACS is giving me credit.

Thanks,
Rahul
Hi Rahul,
The payslips that you are providing are simply additional information on top of your company reference letters and other company documents. So don't worry abt it too much. All you need to do is provide a few(3-5 at max) payslips per company, that is all. It can be before or after the ACS assessed skilled employment. I would suggest you to provide the final few to prove you were part of those company till the time mentioned in your experience letters. Again, these payslips are not mandatory, but additional info provided to the CO for their easier analysis of your case, and to provide a faster GRANT. :)

Hope this would provide a bit of guidance to you... :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Rahul,
The payslips that you are providing are simply additional information on top of your company reference letters and other company documents. So don't worry abt it too much. All you need to do is provide a few(3-5 at max) payslips per company, that is all. It can be before or after the ACS assessed skilled employment. I would suggest you to provide the final few to prove you were part of those company till the time mentioned in your experience letters. Again, these payslips are not mandatory, but additional info provided to the CO for their easier analysis of your case, and to provide a faster GRANT. :)

Hope this would provide a bit of guidance to you... :)
Hi cooluno,

Thanks for your reply! I am aware that we need to provide only a few paystubs (even for the place where I have issues, I have about 15 pay stubs from them during the almost 2 years I was with them. Unfortunately, the only months I don't have pay stubs are the months they didn't pay me) but there are some other issues...

(dates below are just example dates)

I worked in USA and US paystubs have a year to date column so if I show that I began work in Feb 2005 but started getting paid in July 2005 then the year to date for July 2005 pay stub will show only what I got in July 2005 and if I gave CO that paystub, they could raise a concern there since I have mentioned that I began work in Feb 2005. I'm not trying to be dishonest... I was with the company from Feb 2005 but they started paying me only after I started on a project. That's where my dilemma lies.

Also, in the next year, I didn't work for 4 months due to medical issues, so there too I have this issue.

My immigration agent says that since my skilled experience is being considered only after my employment was completed with this company, I need to show proof of payment, etc only from the skilled date period onwards.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Rahul,

I would suggest you to contact ACS yourself and seek for clarification. I know they may not justify, however there are chances that they may reconsider some of your exeperiences. In case also, they first reduced 6 yrs out of 11. later 3 yrs was added in the fresh letter.

This happened only becoz I asked the case officer on the reason of refusal. Later she replied and accepted my clarification on the same. Better you take the case number from your agent and call them directly. It would surely help. Their call time is 9:30 to 12:30am Aus time. You might need to wake up early for this.

-Pk
Hi Pk,

You have mentioned that ACS has later added up experience years.

Was the exp split among multiple company? I had also applied for ACS assessment and they had reduced the usual 2 years out of my experience.

And that hit me with points for experience.

SO wanted to know if there is something we can try again with ACS

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi everybody,

Recently my wife got my ACS results which also don't match with the papers we sent. She is doing assessment as I need to claim partner points.

But I have confusions with the assessed time in her assessment result. They write the following:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following employment after January 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261112 (Systems Analyst) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 01/10 - 12/12 (2yrs 11mths)
Position: System Analyst
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone clear me:

1. what is the ACS recognized assessed time mentioned here?
2. Though she mentioned in paper her exp was from Jan 2010 to Dec 2012 as full time & permanent in a single company - they mentioned 2 yrs 11 months. Is it their mistake ?
3. What did they mean by mentioning "following employment after January 2012"?

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts