Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to submit a project report for ACT RPL Skill Assessment for ICT Business Analyst. I'm not sure how to write report for project delivered using Agile methodology. Can someone share a sample please. It would help if the project is related to (software) product development.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I need to submit a project report for ACT RPL Skill Assessment for ICT Business Analyst. I'm not sure how to write report for project delivered using Agile methodology. Can someone share a sample please. It would help if the project is related to (software) product development.
Hi Bhav15,
The RPL template is available at the below link.

https://www.acs.org.au/msa/acs-recognition-of-prior-learning-form.html

the word document template they provide clearly guides you what needs to be filled in the template.

The ICT Key Areas of Knowledge:

Essential Core ICT Knowledge

Topic 1. ICT Professional Knowledge
Sub Topics are -
a. Ethics
b. Professional Expectations
c. Teamwork Concepts and Issues
d. Communication
e. Societal Issues

Topic 2. ICT Problem Solving
Sub Topics are -
a. Modelling Methods
b. Processes to understand problems
c. Methods and tools for handling abstraction
General ICT Knowledge
Topic 3. Technology Resources
Sub Topics are -
a. Hardware and Software Fundamentals
b. Data and Information Management
c. Data Communications and Networking

Topic 4. Technology Building
Sub Topics are -
a. Human Factors
b. Programming
c. Information Systems Development and Acquisition

Topic 5. ICT Management
Sub Topics are -
a. IT Governance and Organisational Issues
b. IT Project Management
c. ICT Service Management
d. Security Management

You would be expected to chose 2 subtopics under each main topic.
It could be
like a combination of
Topic 1. ICT Professional Knowledge
Sub Topic: a. Ethics
b. Professional Expectations
and
Topic 4. Technology Building
Sub Topic: a. Human Factors
c. Information Systems Development and Acquisition

The choice is yours. Once you identify the topics, sit through and analyze how you have learnt the topic areas in your experience and how you have applied them.
While you elaborate this, give examples. This is much similar to your essay writing in IELTS or PTE preparation.

The next section is about your project specific experience. Describe a project experience in your words and elaborate on how you have contributed. Think this section like a 'Tell me about your project and what is your role' - a question usually
asked in any of the interviews these days.

This approach would sail you through with RPL. It may take some time to draft it (in my own case, it took 4 days to write and refine), but will be genuine. There are softwares avaiable in the market , which may be used by the assessing authorities to detect if you have copied some other RPL (a rampant business in Australia and outside, which offer RPL and CDE reports based on the resumes provided). Owing to such possibilities of being caught and refused a positive assessment, its worthwile to to invest some time and write a neat account of your own experience . How hard can it be, until you start off!

Good Luck!

Note: I too am an RPL candidate and have secured by positive vetting from ACS. Followed the above method and am sure you can draw a leaf out of it.

Cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. One quick question - does ACS verify the project details with the employer/client. The reason for asking is that I'm giving a lot of details about my project and per NDA/company policies, I'm not supposed to share such detailed information with anyone.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes, They can check the claims with the client contacts you may have provided in the template. Having said that, I had talked to my contact saying that I am providing the information about the scope of the work and my role in the project to a certifying organization who may cross verify. Due to my rapport, they happily agreed.
Note, while I had shared my experiences through the project, I never divulged on their data specifics nor with their system architecture. I had used some ppt material, which I prepared as an abstract snapshot to suggest my experience in Communication and articulation and not anything beyond.
For better understanding of your status, review the NDA you had signed. Inform them for their consent. And proceed.
Do not try to reproduce the deliverables in your report as is.
Paraphrase, rephrase and abstract. All your IELTS and PTE skills are put to use here.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts