Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am in the process of submitting documents for ACS. My situation is

I started working in Software Field from 2003 but I completed my degree only in 2008.

If Submit my regular ACS I understand ACS will consider my experience only after my eduction that is 2008 and will deduct years after that.

1)I would like to know if I submit RPL will ACS consider my experience from 2003 and deduct 6 years from there or will they still consider from 2008 and deduct from there?

2) Can i submit 2 different ACS - 1 with RPL and one with normal?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Hi All,

I am in the process of submitting documents for ACS. My situation is

I started working in Software Field from 2003 but I completed my degree only in 2008.

If Submit my regular ACS I understand ACS will consider my experience only after my eduction that is 2008 and will deduct years after that.

1)I would like to know if I submit RPL will ACS consider my experience from 2003 and deduct 6 years from there or will they still consider from 2008 and deduct from there?

2) Can i submit 2 different ACS - 1 with RPL and one with normal?

Thanks in advance
I'm not 100%, but I think ACS will consider all experience but will not mark Skills Met until the combination of experience/education is met. Only experience after Skills Met can be used for points. That would mean, if your experience is continuous and assessed positively, that you would meet skills met on completing your degree (assuming full time work, of course).

Go check the ACS guide, it has this example:

Example 2 – Employment BEFORE the qualification:
• You complete 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2003 until Jan 2005
• You complete another 2 years of relevant work experience from Jan 2006 until Jan 2008
• You complete a 3 year relevant Bachelor degree in Jan 2011
• You complete a final 1 year of relevant work experience from Jan 2012 until Jan 2013
• The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be Jan 2011 because this is the date BOTH the relevant work
experience AND the relevant qualification are completed
• Only relevant work experience completed after Jan 2011 is considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible
for migration points test
• All work experience completed before Jan 2011 is NOT eligible for migration points test.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts