Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had joined as a developer and after 3 years moved to quality engineer and kind of performing both.
I have total 9+ years of exp.
I had applied for ACS for Software Tester and got a positive review for 5+ yrs(4yrs were deducted since my Engg was on Electronics and Tele Communication) on 19th July 2017.

Now, I want to change the ANZESCO code to Software Engineer in ACS. Since I want to go for 189 visa and looking at my job profile I can change the code to Software Engineer. I have got the updated/revised letter from the company HR/Manager with additional roles and responsibilities.

The query here is: should I go for Review or New application in ACS? I have 12 days left for the review process. What would be the more positive approach?

Thanks,
Sally

·
Registered
23,938 Posts
I had joined as a developer and after 3 years moved to quality engineer and kind of performing both.
I had applied for ACS for Software Tester and got a positive review for 5+ yrs(4yrs were deducted since my Engg was on Electronics and Tele Communication) on 19th July 2017.

Now, I want to change the ANZESCO code to Software Engineer in ACS. Since I want to go for 189 visa and looking at my job profile I can change the code to Software Engineer. I have got the updated/revised letter from the company HR/Manager with additional roles and responsibilities.

The query here is: should I go for Review or New application in ACS? I have 12 days left for the review process. What would be the more positive approach?

Thanks,
Sally
In my opinion you should go for Review as you are within the time limit and review allows for ANZSCO change request
No sense in spending 100$ more for the same exercise with no additional benefits

Cheers

·
Registered
549 Posts

Thanks,
Sally
Are we doing the right thing here? Yes, you got the additional roles and responsibilities added to your letter, but would that not raise a question as to why these were not there in the first letter. Yes, we all write out letters and get them signed by our company but ACS and DIBP do not see it that way. They consider that somebody with authority has written those and not you. Also do remember that these roles and responsibilities will in all probability be verified by DIBP when you lodge your Visa and your the HR or your manager should provide satisfactory answers to their questions that should prove your line of work. If they are not able to do that, even if you do work as Software Engineer, they will become suspicious and may reject your application. It has happened to some people. Think what the HR or your manager will say as your primary work. Secondary work does not count during verification.

Further are you really hoping that they will not deduct 4 or 2 years in this new application? Your engineering is in electronics and telecoms, they are still bound to deduct at least 2 years for software engineer or tester.

Think before you act.

·
Registered
231 Posts
What did u do - new application or review?

Thanks,
Sally
Hi,
I am having the exact same situation as yours. I have 8+ years of experience as automation engineer and got BE from Electronics and Communication. I am waiting for my ACS report for Software Tester job code but I m sure my 4 years experience will be cut. I want to go in 189 visa class so I was thinking if I should review the same application with Software Engineer job code or apply a new one. Can you please share what did you do and what was the outcome? It would be very helpful.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts