Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for skill assessment on 12th July 2017 and results came today that made me worry with unexpected outcome.

2.5 years worth of my recent work experience is not considered with a reason "Not assessable due to insufficient documentation". I have provided all necessary documentation for the period specified here.

I ran into plenty of website related issues while uploading my documents and I got in touch with ACS to letting them know of the situation. They did agree to correct the errors on the documents upload and promised to upload necessary documents that I sent them via email.

The result which I got today is same as the results that I got 2 years ago, the idea of redoing the skill assessment is entirely lost here.

Need expert advice on the next steps to have ACS correct the issue and reissue the corrected results.. Do you think it is do-able? :eek: :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I applied for skill assessment on 12th July 2017 and results came today that made me worry with unexpected outcome.

2.5 years worth of my recent work experience is not considered with a reason "Not assessable due to insufficient documentation". I have provided all necessary documentation for the period specified here.

I ran into plenty of website related issues while uploading my documents and I got in touch with ACS to letting them know of the situation. They did agree to correct the errors on the documents upload and promised to upload necessary documents that I sent them via email.

The result which I got today is same as the results that I got 2 years ago, the idea of redoing the skill assessment is entirely lost here.

Need expert advice on the next steps to have ACS correct the issue and reissue the corrected results.. Do you think it is do-able? :eek: :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:
Please see the*Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants*page 12 for the example of an acceptable employer reference.

It must include the following:

Each employment reference must contain:

• Start and Finish Dates of Employment – these should be specific dates in a DD/MM/YY format

• Description of Duties Performed – Required to determine the relevance of the experience to the nominated occupation

• Hours worked - Full time or Part time –must be a minimum of 20 hours per week

• Country where Employment was undertaken

• Company Letterhead and signed by the author

• Certification as a valid copy

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts

My impression here is despite ACS giving you the chance to correct the errors on your documents and upload all the necessary information, they still give you the same assessment as your previous results 2 years ago (which you didn't disclose).

Sad to say but I think you should re-assess if ACS is still an option for you or ask a MARA agent to guide you and avoid any legal headaches.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please see the*Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants*page 12 for the example of an acceptable employer reference.

It must include the following:

Each employment reference must contain:

• Start and Finish Dates of Employment – these should be specific dates in a DD/MM/YY format

• Description of Duties Performed – Required to determine the relevance of the experience to the nominated occupation

• Hours worked - Full time or Part time –must be a minimum of 20 hours per week

• Country where Employment was undertaken

• Company Letterhead and signed by the author

• Certification as a valid copy

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk
I did make sure I follow all these steps and my documents do adhere to these requirement. Still ACS did not accept those. My question is, if it is lacking documents, should not they ask for that? why simply rejectiing with a message "Not enough documentation"

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My impression here is despite ACS giving you the chance to correct the errors on your documents and upload all the necessary information, they still give you the same assessment as your previous results 2 years ago (which you didn't disclose).

Sad to say but I think you should re-assess if ACS is still an option for you or ask a MARA agent to guide you and avoid any legal headaches.
Sorry, I did not make things clear.

I was unable to add the required documentation to the application due to website issues. I reached out to ACS asking for solution to handle this scenario. They instructed me to send those documentation over email. I sent those to them by email.

They promised to add those documentation to the appropriate job section in the application.

I'm stuck how to proceed further on this.:confused:

·
Registered
238 Posts

I was unable to add the required documentation to the application due to website issues. I reached out to ACS asking for solution to handle this scenario. They instructed me to send those documentation over email. I sent those to them by email.

They promised to add those documentation to the appropriate job section in the application.

Mate, if you have all previous convo then you are good to go and don't worry. Reply to the same email you got your results from and politely explain all issues you faced and what they agreed to do for you, also include previous convo.

·
Registered
128 Posts

Better seek help from a MARA Agent and hire one.. it seems ur making some mistake.

·
Registered
23,937 Posts

In my opinion review of the assessment is the best course

Submit the complete set of documents this time

Go through each and every document you are submitting to ensure that it meets each and every requirements of ACS like true attested copy etc.
The reference letter or SD has all the correct details in them

Hopefully you will get the correct assessment

Cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mate, if you have all previous convo then you are good to go and don't worry. Reply to the same email you got your results from and politely explain all issues you faced and what they agreed to do for you, also include previous convo.
Thank you Adnan, looks like this works good.

I replied to their email with results stating what is incorrect and they were kind enough to listen to my concern and they have replied saying their looking into the concern. I'm hoping for the best to hear back from them.

:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Thank you my friends ! All turned out to be good. As one of our friends suggested, I got in touch with the case officer and explain to her about the scenario. She took the concern and reached out to the assessor and got the assessor reassess my application.

My 2 years worth of work experience is now approved by ACS and can be claimed for points. Here is my split:

PTE-A : 10pts
Qualifications : 15 pts
Overseas work exp: 15

so, for 189, now i have 70
and for 190, I have 75.

Going to update my EOI with this and will wait for the invitation :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

thank you guys again !

-Safath

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you my friends ! All turned out to be good. As one of our friends suggested, I got in touch with the case officer and explain to her about the scenario. She took the concern and reached out to the assessor and got the assessor reassess my application.

My 2 years worth of work experience is now approved by ACS and can be claimed for points. Here is my split:

PTE-A : 10pts

Qualifications : 15 pts

Overseas work exp: 15

so, for 189, now i have 70

and for 190, I have 75.

Going to update my EOI with this and will wait for the invitation :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

thank you guys again !

-Safath

Best of luck for next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts