Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi , I have got a ACS result which is confusing me. Please help me to understand.

"Following employment after June 2013 is equate to work at an appropriate skill level and relevant to 261311 Analyst programmer of ANZSCO"

Work Exp: starting from 06/2007 to till date

Background: I have applied on 17/June/2013 for Analyst programmer with 6 yr of exp with degree in mechanical engineering. I know there will be a 4 yrs deduction for non relevant education, however in my case as per the result taken out 6 yrs, which I don't understand..

·
Registered
367 Posts
It could be possible the roles and responsibilities in the proof of employment you submitted were not in tune to the job description ACS has for your profession? So they didnt take some to be relevant?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can anyone help me with the ACS assessment result?

"Your Bachelor of Engineering from Mumbai University completed June 2001 has been assessed
as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing. "
I think this indicates 15 points

"The following employment after July 2006 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code. "
Date of employment is from 07/02 till 06/2014.
In this case whether I should consider 10 or 15 points?

Please help.
Thanks

·
Registered
792 Posts
Education = 15 points
Experience = 15 points (july 2006 - present is 8+ yrs if no gaps in between)

everything before july 2006 is irrelevant (cannot claim points for that)
said that it doesn't matter you've still earned max experience points.

Goodluck

·
Registered
68 Posts
Education = 15 points
Experience = 15 points (july 2006 - present is 8+ yrs if no gaps in between)

everything before july 2006 is irrelevant (cannot claim points for that)
said that it doesn't matter you've still earned max experience points.

Goodluck
Thanks. But since the date of employment is considered till 06/2014 in the ACS document whether DIAC will consider the current experience as well.
If yes, do we need to provide a new experience letter from the company? please help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi all,

I have mentioned , 9 years of experience, but on skill acces result, they counted only 7 years and 11 months. If I lodge the EOI (ie as on 23rd OCt) , I wont get points for the 8 year experience.
If I lodge on November do they consider my experience on the date of lodging or they will treat skill acces year.

Kindly advice.

Regards,
john

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

Quick question... In the ImmiAccnt, in the highest recognised educational qualification field does one enter ACS recognised qualification or the qualification whichever is the highest.

Reason for my doubt: I have a graduate degree and an MBA from the same university. However as my ANZSCO Code is 261111, ACS have considered only my graduation in Computers and not my MBA (HR&Systems) in their assessment report.

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,855 Posts
ACS can assess only your ICT related studies and profession. If you would like to get your MBA assessed as well, you will have to look elsewhere. I don't know where exactly though. Try searching the forums with "ACS" and "MBA" as the keywords. There are quite a few threads on this topic.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I am also curious as to which assessing authority assesses 'MBA'

·
Registered
555 Posts
Reactions: KeeDa

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks. But since the date of employment is considered till 06/2014 in the ACS document whether DIAC will consider the current experience as well.
If yes, do we need to provide a new experience letter from the company? please help.
that makes it exactly 8 years if there are no gaps since june 2006

and DIAC will probably consider the current experience as well. You can claim 15 points as per my understanding.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Hi All,

Quick question... In the ImmiAccnt, in the highest recognised educational qualification field does one enter ACS recognised qualification or the qualification whichever is the highest.

Reason for my doubt: I have a graduate degree and an MBA from the same university. However as my ANZSCO Code is 261111, ACS have considered only my graduation in Computers and not my MBA (HR&Systems) in their assessment report.

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks in advance.

I had also included my MBA in the ACS application, but it does not reflect in my ACS +ve letter at all

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi

I got my ACS result as below:

The following employment after July 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/02 - 04/07 (4yrs 9mths)
Dates: 04/07 - 11/08 (1yrs 7mths)
Dates: 03/10 - 07/12 (2yrs 4mths)
Dates: 06/13 - 04/14 (0yrs 10mths)

What are my point regarding Education and experience? I got my ACS via RPL route.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
For your experience you would get 5 POINTS as your Skilled Employment is At least three but less than five years (of past 10 years) as per your ACS outcome.

For Education...share more details....LIKE the STMT below...something similar to this should be in your ACS Outcome letter:-

"
Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from University of Sydney completed May 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing
"

Also read the attached to calculate your points on your own AND to understand your ACS outcome letter.....

Hi

I got my ACS result as below:

The following employment after July 2008 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to 261313 (Software Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 07/02 - 04/07 (4yrs 9mths)
Dates: 04/07 - 11/08 (1yrs 7mths)
Dates: 03/10 - 07/12 (2yrs 4mths)
Dates: 06/13 - 04/14 (0yrs 10mths)

What are my point regarding Education and experience? I got my ACS via RPL route.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have not received any such information that you have mentioned in my ACS letter.
As I have received my ACS assessed via RPL route, does that indicates that ACS does not accessed my education qualification.
In that case, whom I should contact to get my education assessed ?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dear All,

I need some advice or clarification regarding ACS assessment. I am into SAP Consulting. So I will be applying to ICT Business Analyst role for PR

I have SAP Consulting experience of 3.8 years that I have acquired in South East Asia region and currently I am in Australia since Feb 2012 and I have 3 years experience in SAP Consulting within Australia. So roughly about 6.5 to 6.8 total SAP consulting experience.

I do not have a pure IT degree. However, I do have multiple SAP certifications.

So I understand that ACS might require me to write the RPL report for skills assessment.

However, my main question is, how many years of experience would ACS recognize out of my 6.8 years of experience (of which 3.8 years of experience acquired in South East Asia and 3 years of experience acquired in Australia)

I would really appreciate your thoughts and if you guys could help/guide/advice me on this?

Many thanks in advance,

Best regards,
vice.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have not received any such information that you have mentioned in my ACS letter.
As I have received my ACS assessed via RPL route, does that indicates that ACS does not accessed my education qualification.
In that case, whom I should contact to get my education assessed ?
Hi Kalyani,

I have got the ACS assessed via RPL and got the education assessed by Vetassess Point Test Only. They take around 2-3 months to give you the outcome letter. Please check the below link. I got my B.Sc Mathematics Degree assessed from them.

Points Test Advice (Skills Assessment for Migration) - VETASSESS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts