Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:confused:
I received ACS letter yesterday 28th july 2011.
I applied under Developer Programmer.
ACS considered my 3 years exp of last 2 companies.

But did not mentioned anything about my current company experience which is of 1 and half year. while my job role was same in all three companies.

Now I am confused what to do now. Also how to inquire about this from ACS?

For current employer I send affidavit signed from my team lead (not a company letter head reference letter) along with salary slips and my contract letters.

Please need your suggestions.

·
Registered
235 Posts
1. Did the affidavit stated your current job responsibilities?
2. Did you send a letter stating the reason why you can't give the reference letter from current employer, besides sending the affidavit, salary slips, and the contract letter ?

If you count your current assessed years which is 3 and the one of your current employment which as you said is 1.5 years you still don't make the 5 years required for earning points for experience.

Have you gone through the new point calculation ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. Yes affidavit stated my current job responsibilities.
2. I stated that reason in affidavit not in any separate letter.

Yes I gone through new point system but I send ACS in APR 2011 hoping that I get response before July. Well it didn’t happen.

Now I am confused why my current employer experience is not considered because I will re apply at end of this year and at that time I will be working in same company

·
Registered
235 Posts
don't re-apply, I think its called the re-assessment.

Why don't you mail them and ask the reason for not considering your current employment?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it is mentioned on Letter then I can only write them in post. No E-mail.

So, if I enquire do I have to pay fees of (Appeal for PASA Outcome)?
Because ACS Mentioned.
The occasions that may give rise for an appeal include, but are not limited to:
} The applicant disagrees with the grounds for unsuitable assessment
} The applicant disagrees with a formal notification of the assessment outcome
} The applicant disagrees with the resolution of a problem report*

·
Registered
235 Posts
You are only asking for why it was not added, you are not making an appeal kind of thing, right?

Mail them, at least they will direct you.

·
Registered
630 Posts

But did not mentioned anything about my current company experience which is of 1 and half year. while my job role was same in all three companies.

For current employer I send affidavit signed from my team lead (not a company letter head reference letter) along with salary slips and my contract letters.

This is interesting, it seems many people recently are having this problem, i have seen couple of posts with the same issue. Not sure why ACS is doing this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Could you please share ACS Result sheet

Hi,
I got my result sheet on June 2011. I wonder ACS changed their format in result sheet.Please share your result sheet format with us

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ACS skills assessment with skilled employment and qualification

Hi All,
I guess ACS now providing opinion on skilled employment and qualification which can be a aid when giving points from DIAC. I got my result on June 2011. In that all i can see is

Company XX
Duration XX
and title XX

and then suitable under PIM 3 GROUP A Software Eng.

If anyone got a ACS result very recently please update me..

·
Registered
630 Posts

Alot of people recently are getting similar results where tehy don't consider all years of exp, i don't know why but i think since JUly 2011 ACS are being v v strict. I am waiting for my result post and v scared of the same to happen.

In your case you can appeal and you might have to resend them documents that are more clarified according to their standards, for example you might have to list your job responsibilities in your current employer more clearly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts