Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for your ICT skills assessment, which was received by the Australian Computer Society on 23
August 2012.

Your ICT skills have been assessed as unsuitable for migration under 261312 (Developer Programmer)
of the ANZSCO Code.

You have been assessed as not meeting the requirements for professional information technology
experience of five (5) years in a field closely related to your nominated skilled occupation.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Computer Information Systems from Alvorada University completed
December 2008 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Advanced Diploma with a major in
computing

Your work experience has been calculated as follows on the basis of full time employment of at least
20hrs per week:

Dates: 03/08 - 07/12 (4yrs 4mths)
Position: Senior Java Developer
Hey fellows,
Does It mean that I'll not get the 5 points of "Skilled employment outside Australia" ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey fellows,
Does It mean that I'll not get the 5 points of "Skilled employment outside Australia" ?
Means that you cant migrate. You may have to select a different ANZCO code and apply for another acs assesment or wait until you reach the 5 year mark and try again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why 5 years? The ACS' Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants says:

QUALIFICATIONS - GROUP A
Skilled Employment
Also required is a minimum of two (2) years full time professional ICT skilled employment in a field closely related to the nominated occupation ANZSCO Code within the previous ten (10) years of the Skills Assessment or a minimum of 4 such years if completed earlier.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hey fellows,
unfortunately your skill assessment has been unsuccessful.

Seems like they have assessed your experience as not closely related to your nominated occupation(Developer Programmer). did you cover the below points when preparing your service letter?

1220.0 - ANZSCO - Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations, First Edition, 2006

You could wait till you complete 5 years and reapply.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why 5 years? The ACS' Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants says:
Exactly.
I knew they wouldn't give me more than 4 years, but still applied considering to get at least 3 years which is the minimum to get some points.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately your skill assessment has been unsuccessful.

Seems like they have assessed your experience as not closely related to your nominated occupation(Developer Programmer). did you cover the below points when preparing your service letter?

You could wait till you complete 5 years and reapply.
I applied with a coworker who executes the same duties that I, and the reference letter was almost the same, as we work together in the same team for a few years. The only difference was that He does have seven years working here and I four and therewith, this negative result may not be due to the letter.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was double checking the sent documents and realized that on my academic transcript was not present the details of the forth year. I probably forgot to scan it. Do you guys think that It would be the cause of the unsuccessful result of this application?

Gezzes I'm starting to freak out. I'm flying to Sydney in a few weeks as student to do an IELTS preparation and would be finishing my migration process from there... :confused:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I was double checking the sent documents and realized that on my academic transcript was not present the details of the forth year. I probably forgot to scan it. Do you guys think that It would be the cause of the unsuccessful result of this application?

Gezzes I'm starting to freak out. I'm flying to Sydney in a few weeks as student to do an IELTS preparation and would be finishing my migration process from there... :confused:
yes it can even be the reason coz they asses your work experience against the qualification.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I sent an email to assessment[at]acs.org.au explaining my mistake of sending an incomplete academic transcript, hopefully they will let me send the missing part and review this application.
There are a few more questions...
Does anyone know if there is any document saying the minimum time of experience needed to apply under the 261312(Developoer Programmer) code?
Should I reapply under another ANZSCO code?
what do you guys reckon?

t.i.a.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well, I sent an email to assessment[at]acs.org.au explaining my mistake of sending an incomplete academic transcript, hopefully they will let me send the missing part and review this application.
There are a few more questions...
Does anyone know if there is any document saying the minimum time of experience needed to apply under the 261312(Developoer Programmer) code?
Should I reapply under another ANZSCO code?
what do you guys reckon?

t.i.a.
Hi,

You fall into the group B of the ASSESSMENT CRITERIA. hence they are asking for 5 years of work experience.

read page 11 & 12 of the below document.

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...-Guidelines-for-Applicants-1-July-2012-V1.pdf

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But in the email from ACS they mention "with a major in computing". So, should be group A. Or what?
You're right baphomet,
the only reason I could image is this missing page that was not uploaded in the application. Can't see anything else.
As they probably saw only 3 years on my academic transcript they couldn't assess against the 4 years of study considering not as a Bacharel Degree(which are 4 years) but an AQF Advanced Diploma.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You're right baphomet,
the only reason I could image is this missing page that was not uploaded in the application. Can't see anything else.
As they probably saw only 3 years on my academic transcript they couldn't assess against the 4 years of study considering not as a Bacharel Degree(which are 4 years) but an AQF Advanced Diploma.
what if your degree has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree with a major in Computing in a field, does this mean you will fall into Group A with required is a minimum of two (2) years full time professional ICT skilled employment in a field?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what if your degree has been assessed as comparable to an Australian Bachelor degree with a major in Computing in a field, does this mean you will fall into Group A with required is a minimum of two (2) years full time professional ICT skilled employment in a field?
This is exactly what we'are trying to figure out. According to the ACS guideline my application should have a positive result instead of that one mentioned in the first post of this thread. :(

Anyone else having another guess!? :confused:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I sent them an email explaining about this missing part of the transcript and that's the response:
The assessor has compared your qualification to an AQF Advanced Diploma using the Country Education Profile (CEP) which is an Australian Government service used to compare overseas qualifications to the Australian Qualification Framework.

Even though only 3 years subjects were provided the assessor has still assessed it as a 4 year qualification meaning that even if you provided the transcript for the 4th year it will not change the outcome as the CEP reference is based on a 4 year course.
Still didn't get it :confused:
I've just sent back those questions already mentioned here, about the five years of experience been required while in the Guideline says minimum 2, and about my qualifications being comparable to the AQF Advance Diploma with major in computing and still not being suitable to migrate under the ANZSCO at issue.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I sent them an email explaining about this missing part of the transcript and that's the response:

Still didn't get it :confused:
I've just sent back those questions already mentioned here, about the five years of experience been required while in the Guideline says minimum 2, and about my qualifications being comparable to the AQF Advance Diploma with major in computing and still not being suitable to migrate under the ANZSCO at issue.
do you know anybody who has the same qualification but was assessed differently?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do you know anybody who has the same qualification but was assessed differently?
If you mean the same qualifications presented on the reference letter then, yes!
As I said before, me and a coworker made the same letter as we work in the same team and do the same duties, the only difference is that he's got 7 years of experience and I 4, now he's got his positive result and I haven't.

·
Registered
370 Posts
If you mean the same qualifications presented on the reference letter then, yes!
As I said before, me and a coworker made the same letter as we work in the same team and do the same duties, the only difference is that he's got 7 years of experience and I 4, now he's got his positive result and I haven't.
no i mean your degree? does your friend also have the same degree?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.