Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Need expert advice on my ACS qualification. My Bachelor degree which is 4 years program (Bachelor of Science in Information Technology) is considered as Associate degree by ACS when I dig down CEP for my university I find out my university fall in section 3 which saying if specialization is unregulated field then its AQF Associate Degree and on other hand they says if field is engineering or Bachelor in Technology (honors) then its AQF Bachelor Degree, there is nothing for Computer/IT, Can any expert help to find out does my Bachelor of Science in Information Technology comes under engineering field or Bachelor of Technology as per CEP.

Below I have pasted the CEP link and Note for the reference.

Assessment notes

C. For guideline purposes, regulated fields are architecture and town planning, dentistry, engineering, law, medicine, pharmacy and veterinary medicine. See also guidelines 5, 6, 10 and 11. The Bachelor of Nursing is assessed on a case-by-case basis.

D. Includes Bachelor of Technology (Honours) and the (very old) Doctor of Veterinary Medicine. The Bachelor of Nursing is assessed on a case-by-case basis

https://internationaleducation.gov....ent-Guidelines/Pages/HigherEd-S3-Default.aspx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Computer Science/Information Technology is not considered an engineering discipline.
Thanks for your reply and what about Bachelor in Technology ?
and they assessed my two qualification (CCIE and Bachelor degree) both contain 10 points , so maximum I can claim is 10 points in total or 10+10 in this case.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Cisco Certified Interwork Expert from Cisco completed July 2015 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing.

Your Bachelor in Information Technology from XYZ University completed June 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.

BR

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a query regarding my ACS assessment result and I am confuse please help me with this.

ACS assessed my Bachelor degree and Cisco CCIE certificate so can I claim 10 points for CCIE and 10 points for Associate degree/Advance Diploma in total 20 points in this case ?

https://skillselect.govspace.gov.au/2013/03/07/points-for-educational-qualification/
as per the above link
Any other qualification :
You can receive 10 points for any other qualification or award which is recognised as suitable for your nominated occupation in your skills assessment by the relevant assessing authority.

Your skills have been assessed to be suitable for migration under 263111 (Computer Network and
Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:

Your Cisco Certified Interwork Expert from Cisco completed July 2015 has been assessed as
comparable to an AQF Diploma with a major in computing.

Your Bachelor in Information Technology from [UNIVERSITY] completed June 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.

The following employment after September 2015 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately
skilled level and relevant to 263111 (Computer Network and Systems Engineer) of the ANZSCO Code.

·
Registered
251 Posts
you can claim only 10 points. It is highly unlikely that they will assess your Bachelors as AQF Bachelors, you must inquire from ACS though. If it really is a mistake then there is a chance otherwise no.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts