Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have gone through the ACS reference letter tempalate and it suggests we have to elaborate the Role and responsibilites played during the tenure.
My previous employer has a pre-defined template and i have a restriction to mention only 5 R&R played and i have 8 years of experience with that employer and 2 years with my current employer.
Could you please advise if the below R&R needs to be elaborated more, Also i need advise if these R&R should be applied against 261311(Analyst Programmer) or 261313(Software Engineer)

1. Involved in end-to-end development of software modules starting requirement analysis, designing, development, test, maintenance, integration of software modules for banking application.
2. Developing and maintaining program code using JAVA/J2EE, JSP, EJB, MVC framework to meet technical specifications and system designs in accordance with quality accredited standards while meeting project deadlines and performance targets.
3. Understanding Client’s business needs by referring functional requirements and Use Cases to create and maintain technical specification, design, UML, code flow, and sequence diagram using design tool (Enterprise Architect).
4. Execute debugging, testing, diagnosing defects and errors introduced in SIT, UAT and production phases by performing Root Cause Analysis and providing resolutions of the issue.
5. Involved in performing code reviews, UT/IT reviews, developing automated UTs (Junits), creating Unit and Integration test plans and executing them to check whether all the requirements in the design are met without any defects.

Programming Language /Technologies: JAVA, J2EE, Java Script, JSP, MVC, Struts, EJB
Database: SQL server, Oracle
Platform: Windows, Unix/Linux
Versioning tools: VSS, IBM Clearcase
Development IDE: Eclipse, WSAD
Application Servers: WAS, JBOSS

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Ruchi

Five points are pretty standard. In all my reference letters I myself intentionally kept it to 5 points to keep the letters less cluttered, simple and concise. Ask your employers to mention that you were employed full time (40 hrs) on the letters.

And you don't need to mention the tools, languages etc on the reference letter. That's not what they will look for. My 2 cents.

Thanks.

I have gone through the ACS reference letter tempalate and it suggests we have to elaborate the Role and responsibilites played during the tenure.
My previous employer has a pre-defined template and i have a restriction to mention only 5 R&R played and i have 8 years of experience with that employer and 2 years with my current employer.
Could you please advise if the below R&R needs to be elaborated more, Also i need advise if these R&R should be applied against 261311(Analyst Programmer) or 261313(Software Engineer)

1. Involved in end-to-end development of software modules starting requirement analysis, designing, development, test, maintenance, integration of software modules for banking application.
2. Developing and maintaining program code using JAVA/J2EE, JSP, EJB, MVC framework to meet technical specifications and system designs in accordance with quality accredited standards while meeting project deadlines and performance targets.
3. Understanding Client’s business needs by referring functional requirements and Use Cases to create and maintain technical specification, design, UML, code flow, and sequence diagram using design tool (Enterprise Architect).
4. Execute debugging, testing, diagnosing defects and errors introduced in SIT, UAT and production phases by performing Root Cause Analysis and providing resolutions of the issue.
5. Involved in performing code reviews, UT/IT reviews, developing automated UTs (Junits), creating Unit and Integration test plans and executing them to check whether all the requirements in the design are met without any defects.

Programming Language /Technologies: JAVA, J2EE, Java Script, JSP, MVC, Struts, EJB

·
Registered
260 Posts
Make sure 65% of your duties match with that of ANZSCO code one.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Letter should also have details of all positions held during the tenure and all locations if any.

Same happens with me, so I got statutory declaration from my manager as well with these details. That makes 2 documents, one from HR and another from my manager.

1.Involved in end-to-end development of software modules starting requirement analysis, designing, development, test, maintenance, integration of software modules for banking application.
2.Developing and maintaining program code using JAVA/J2EE, JSP, EJB, MVC framework to meet technical specifications and system designs in accordance with quality accredited standards while meeting project deadlines and performance targets.
3.Understanding Client’s business needs by referring functional requirements and Use Cases to create and maintain technical specification, design, UML, code flow, and sequence diagram using design tool (Enterprise Architect).
4.Execute debugging, testing, diagnosing defects and errors introduced in SIT, UAT and production phases by performing Root Cause Analysis and providing resolutions of the issue.
5.Involved in performing code reviews, UT/IT reviews, developing automated UTs (Junits), creating Unit and Integration test plans and executing them to check whether all the requirements in the design are met without any defects.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

That RnR covers pretty much-required duties for a Software Engineer occupation. Just make sure to mention remaining details like "full time" etc. You should be fine.

Reactions: ruchi6787

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi , Thanks for your reply.
Actually this is the standard format of my organization for reference letters to provide details regarding tools, Language details. so I think it should be fine.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hi , Thanks for your reply.
Actually this is the standard format of my organization for reference letters to provide details regarding tools, Language details. so I think it should be fine.
Yea, RnR part is fine but make sure it has "full time"/"40 hours per week". Without those exact words, ACS may not accept.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts