Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have spoken to my company HR & they have said they cannot provide the reference letter on company letterhead. Now I have to try to get it from some supervisor.

So need your help to provide the reference letter format which needs to be taken by the supervisor. Do I need to get a typed letter on plain A4.

Please share all the details for getting it from supervisor.

Need the below info:

1. Letter format.
2. Plain paper or company letterhead.
3. Computer typed or handwritten.
4. Any supporting documents from supervisor.
5. Whom do I need to address that letter to.

·
Registered
110 Posts
rishi.sharma said:
Hi All,

I have spoken to my company HR & they have said they cannot provide the reference letter on company letterhead. Now I have to try to get it from some supervisor.

So need your help to provide the reference letter format which needs to be taken by the supervisor. Do I need to get a typed letter on plain A4.

Need the below info:

1. Letter format.
I'll try to answer some of them:

1. Didn't understand wht u mean by format
2. Company letterhead
3. Typed
4. His visiting card would be good but letter must have clear address and contact no. of the co. and also have the name contact no and mail id of the signatory.
5. To whomsoever it may concern

Regards

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hi All,

Need the below info:

1. Letter format.

Please note that the supervisor's letter would need to be either on company letterhead or if thats not possible, then it has to be a statutory declaration on a stamp paper (affidavit on a stamp paper) signed and stamped by the notary.

·
Registered
110 Posts
sherlock said:
Please note that the supervisor's letter would need to be either on company letterhead or if thats not possible, then it has to be a statutory declaration on a stamp paper (affidavit on a stamp paper) signed and stamped by the notary.
Stat decl is a 50-50 chance. Mine was rejected. I gave it for my previous employer but they didn't accept. Best if u can give it on a letterhead

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have one confusion here,

Statuatory decalaration on a stamp paper is on behalf of the applicant in case he is not able to provide the reference letter on company letterhead...Right?

However do I need to get it signed by the supervisor as well. Or the reference letter from supervior is to be typed on a simple A4 along with his details & signature.

In case HR is not probvidng the reference letter on company letterhead, then statuatory declaration & Reference letter from supervisor will be 2 different entities or ?????

Please help. Thanks a lot!! :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have one confusion here,

Statuatory decalaration on a stamp paper is on behalf of the applicant in case he is not able to provide the reference letter on company letterhead...Right?

However do I need to get it signed by the supervisor as well. Or the reference letter from supervior is to be typed on a simple A4 along with his details & signature.

In case HR is not probvidng the reference letter on company letterhead, then statuatory declaration & Reference letter from supervisor will be 2 different entities or ?????

Please help. Thanks a lot!! :)
From what I know, and what I've done during my application (I had gone through many many threads in this forum as well), I am sure that the supervisor's letter needs to be a statutory declaration on a stamp paper. Some people who sent it on a simple paper were requested to send a signed statutory declaration.

To make sure your application goes through without issues, the best thing to do would be to get the supervisor's letter (mentioning your employment dates and detailed roles) printed on a stamp paper (legal affidavit), and get it signed by the supervisor. I did the same, and it worked for me. I also attached supervisor's business card with the statutory declaration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.