Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Guys,

I have a question about ACS re-assessment. I got my assessment positive last year. Since then I have a new job now, I now want to add new employment experience and a qualification as well in the assessment.

I didn't have a major ICT degree before so ACS deducted 6 years and gave me 6 years of experience out of 12 years. I got assessed from 2005 to 2016. My non-ICT degree is from 2003 to 2005. I also worked as junior IT assistant from 2003 to 2004 for a year and a half. When I started this immigration process I didn't now much about the things in the start. Few friends told me not to include experience before your degree, which I didn't.

My question is can I add that 2003-2004 experience in my new assessment, which I didn't mention to ACS before Can it raise issues that why I didn't include it before?

Please advise.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello Guys,

I have a question about ACS re-assessment. I got my assessment positive last year. Since then I have a new job now, I now want to add new employment experience and a qualification as well in the assessment.

I didn't have a major ICT degree before so ACS deducted 6 years and gave me 6 years of experience out of 12 years. I got assessed from 2005 to 2016. My non-ICT degree is from 2003 to 2005. I also worked as junior IT assistant from 2003 to 2004 for a year and a half. When I started this immigration process I didn't now much about the things in the start. Few friends told me not to include experience before your degree, which I didn't.

My question is can I add that 2003-2004 experience in my new assessment, which I didn't mention to ACS before Can it raise issues that why I didn't include it before?

Please advise.
Contact ACS. Ideally you shouldn't add un-assessed one. And in this case you have also changed company after last assessment.
YOu need to get assessed again

·
Registered
24,162 Posts
Hello Guys,

Please advise.
You should add all experience in the fresh application that you make even if it raises questions

In Form 80 you will anyways have to declare about this experience and the CO will be wondering why you did not declare this during skills assessment

You have a chance to set things right, and I think you should

Cheers

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You should add all experience in the fresh application that you make even if it raises questions

In Form 80 you will anyways have to declare about this experience and the CO will be wondering why you did not declare this during skills assessment

You have a chance to set things right, and I think you should

Cheers
Thanks for the reply mate.

This is exactly what i am worried about. In form 80 i have to declare all my work experience and things like that. By not declaring would be hiding something which I don't want.

That's why I am taking the opinion of different people that whether I should add the experience in new assessment which I didn't previously.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for the reply mate.

This is exactly what i am worried about. In form 80 i have to declare all my work experience and things like that. By not declaring would be hiding something which I don't want.

That's why I am taking the opinion of different people that whether I should add the experience in new assessment which I didn't previously.
I got my reassessment done and here are a few points that might be of interest to you:

1. In my initial assessment I did not get the reference letters from some of my previous organisations (which was also before my degree/qualification). I only submitted experience letters and those were deemed unsuitable for assessment.
2. They deducted four years making it 3+ years of relevant experience. I needed 5.
3. I obtained reference letter from 1 immediate previous company and submitted for reassessment. For the rest previous companies, still only experience letters as before.
4. They considered it relevant although it was from before my degree.
5. They still deducted 4 years but I got 5+ years.

So you should get a reassessment done and submit all reference letters if relevant to the job code and only experience/relieving letters if not relevant.

Let me know if any doubts.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my reassessment done and here are a few points that might be of interest to you:

1. In my initial assessment I did not get the reference letters from some of my previous organisations (which was also before my degree/qualification). I only submitted experience letters and those were deemed unsuitable for assessment.
2. They deducted four years making it 3+ years of relevant experience. I needed 5.
3. I obtained reference letter from 1 immediate previous company and submitted for reassessment. For the rest previous companies, still only experience letters as before.
4. They considered it relevant although it was from before my degree.
5. They still deducted 4 years but I got 5+ years.

So you should get a reassessment done and submit all reference letters if relevant to the job code and only experience/relieving letters if not relevant.

Let me know if any doubts.
Thanks for the reply bro, it was really a great help.

Did you go through RPL or regular assessment as you added experience before completing your degree?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Thanks for the reply bro, it was really a great help.

Did you go through RPL or regular assessment as you added experience before completing your degree?
Regular assessment. People keep saying that the only experience that counts is after the education qualification. Which is correct but not completely. What these people don't know is that for deduction they also consider the work experience before the education. The deduction of 4 years is simply because the qualification is related but not completely related to the applied job code. So you need workex after that to actually become qualified for the job code. So they generally deduct 4 years for that. Now if I have those 4 years workex before r during completing my education, I am already qualified for the job code when I complete my degree. Means they will consider and deduct the workex before my degree if it's related.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts