Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I am going to reassess my documents which were assessed successfully last year. Last time it was assessed as 6 years and 5 months, but now I have 19 more months added to my experience so it can be assessed as 8 years now.

However I am much confused about the way to reassess my documents. A month ago I sent an email to ACS, what they replied is given below:

"As of Wednesday 15th January 2014 with the introduction of new guidelines/criteria applicants can no longer apply for a Revalidation application to renew an assessment.

Instead applicants will need to lodge a new application online through linking to an earlier application using the previous reference number and password.

Applicants will need to read the Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants to ensure they are suitable under the new guidelines/criteria before applying.

If you are unsure of your previous login credentials please click on the following link to assist you in resetting your password - Skills Assessment Password Process

Please let me know if you have any further questions."

But on ACS document they have mentioned that:

"Please Note:After the 60 days have elapsed, a review is no longer possible and a new application is required."

As far as I can understand, there is a difference between a review application and reassess the documents for new experience. However when I followed the email, I only logged in through "Linkint to an early application", but also I was able to upload the documents, even after one year of previous assessment and after save I got a new reference number linked to previous one. Now when I use the new reference number, I am able to see the previously uploaded documents.

Is there anybody who have reassessed their documents so he can tell me if I am going on wrong path? Please suggest me to understand the rules.

Regards

·
Registered
367 Posts
Or should I submit completely a new application?
You are on the right path. You must link to your earlier application to allow ACS to speed up processing.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Yesterday I tried to create a new application using already registered email and passport number with ACS, it detected the already assessed application and enforced me to link to the existing application. So I am going to link to existing application.
Thanks by the way.

·
Registered
68 Posts
what is your latest ACS result? did they include additional 19 month as experience. is there any other changes in your new result.

i am in same situation. i likes to add additional 24 months with my previous result making my educational qualification same.

Hi all
I am going to reassess my documents which were assessed successfully last year. Last time it was assessed as 6 years and 5 months, but now I have 19 more months added to my experience so it can be assessed as 8 years now.

However I am much confused about the way to reassess my documents. A month ago I sent an email to ACS, what they replied is given below:

"As of Wednesday 15th January 2014 with the introduction of new guidelines/criteria applicants can no longer apply for a Revalidation application to renew an assessment.

Instead applicants will need to lodge a new application online through linking to an earlier application using the previous reference number and password.

Applicants will need to read the Skills Assessment Guidelines for Applicants to ensure they are suitable under the new guidelines/criteria before applying.

If you are unsure of your previous login credentials please click on the following link to assist you in resetting your password - Skills Assessment Password Process

Please let me know if you have any further questions."

But on ACS document they have mentioned that:

"Please Note:After the 60 days have elapsed, a review is no longer possible and a new application is required."

As far as I can understand, there is a difference between a review application and reassess the documents for new experience. However when I followed the email, I only logged in through "Linkint to an early application", but also I was able to upload the documents, even after one year of previous assessment and after save I got a new reference number linked to previous one. Now when I use the new reference number, I am able to see the previously uploaded documents.

Is there anybody who have reassessed their documents so he can tell me if I am going on wrong path? Please suggest me to understand the rules.

Regards

·
Registered
60 Posts
Did linking of the old application speed up the process?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts