Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Guys, I am an IT professional and working in an MNC in India.

Though with time I have been quite thorough with the process, but I had a made a mistake in the initial stages of my preparation to move to Australia.

If you guys can help me out, I'll be more than obliged.

I have got my docs assessed in from ACS in 262113 - Systems Administrator but now I know that it doesn't fall in Visa category 189 rather 190.

Can I get them re-assessed in 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer without tweaking my docs too much?

And, if I go ahead with this thought, will ACS ask me any questions?

I need some expert advice on this.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi All,

Though with time I have been quite thorough with the process, but I had a made a mistake in the initial stages of my preparation to move to Australia.

I have got my docs assessed in from ACS in 262113 - Systems Administrator but now I know that it doesn't fall in Visa category 189 rather 190.

Can I get them re-assessed in 263111 - Computer Network and Systems Engineer without tweaking my docs too much?

You can. Some applicants here have done this. Some have got re-assessed from Software Tester to Software Engineer or Developer Programmer (they did automation testing involving programming/ scripting, so they could).

Check your existing documentation and 263111 skills requirements from ANZSCO-Descriptions.pdf. It might as well be that your existing documentation already covers 263111 as both are quite closely related occupations. All you then need to do is file for a new assessment under 263111 by linking to your existing (old) assessment. Provide only new work related documentation. The others will be used from your old assessment.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I understand your point to provide new work details but how to do that as I cannot make changes to the existing roles and responsibilities?

You must be knowing that its hard to get reference letters from the previous companies.

Are immigration consultants of any help in arranging/generating these docs?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Yes, you cannot make much changes to existing roles and responsibilities. See if they already match the new occupation code.

Consultants will not help you with this. It was your employment and your sources/ managers and they will simply ask you to get these documents. They might at most suggest you revisions/ additions to your existing documents to match the new skills, but I doubt if they are qualified enough to understand Systems Engineering and Networking concepts.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi All,

In my opinion you can get this, get your reference letter modified, add some more job descriptions related to computer networks Engineer, there are chances of getting reassessed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If somehow I am able to modify my documents, won't ACS be looking at my previous application and comparing the new and previous docs?

They might get back to me with questions or may not award me the desired experience.

Also, if you could tell me for how long ACS maintains its database ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please answer my query.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts