Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Freinds,

My brother is bechlore of science (chemistry) but working as a SAP professional from last 8 years.

If he applies for ACS skills evaluation, will ACS approve his skills. & will he be qualify for MODL etc.

Appriciate any help on this ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello Freinds,

My brother is bechlore of science (chemistry) but working as a SAP professional from last 8 years.

If he applies for ACS skills evaluation, will ACS approve his skills. & will he be qualify for MODL etc.

Hi Eva-usa,

I'm also a SAP professional whose got my MODL from ACS. Since SAP is accessed by ACS, then they would require that the education background that support the IT area as well. My background is Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with Major in Computer Engineering, so I didn't have to go through the RPL process.

Since your brother is in chemistry area, maybe he will need to go through the RPL process. You can refer to this site for a good RPL explanation.
www . rplhelp . co . uk

Note: I'm sorry that the URL is written that way, currently I'm not allowed to post URL to other sites since I have not qualify for 4 posts or more :D

:)
bal2an

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Hello Freinds,

I think his experience meets the minimum requirement for an IT professional having non-IT degree but its better to have a look at ACS site. He will go through RPL process.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi

Hi Bal2an,

I have similar education as yours. Had some questions on ACS appliation.

Can you let me know your mail address, or mail me at
reachanoop AT gmail . com.

Cheers

Hi Eva-usa,

I'm also a SAP professional whose got my MODL from ACS. Since SAP is accessed by ACS, then they would require that the education background that support the IT area as well. My background is Bachelor of Electrical Engineering with Major in Computer Engineering, so I didn't have to go through the RPL process.

Since your brother is in chemistry area, maybe he will need to go through the RPL process. You can refer to this site for a good RPL explanation.
www . rplhelp . co . uk

Note: I'm sorry that the URL is written that way, currently I'm not allowed to post URL to other sites since I have not qualify for 4 posts or more :D

bal2an

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Bal2an,

I have similar education as yours. Had some questions on ACS appliation.

Can you let me know your mail address, or mail me at
reachanoop AT gmail . com.

Cheers
Hi rechanoop,

If it is not confidential to you, I think we can discuss it here so others can give their opinion and suggestion as well. But you can always contact me at dcahyana @ gmail . com

bal2an

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi bal2an,
It is not confidential. Since you said you are a bachelor in Electrical Engg, was wondering how it was considered an IT major degree.

I am in a dilemma. I have a Bachelors in Electronics and Communication, and there were some software subjects, some computer networking subjects etc., but I am not too sure if these subjects will add up to 2 full semesters (that's what ACS defines as IT major).

Any advice?

Cheers

Hi rechanoop,

If it is not confidential to you, I think we can discuss it here so others can give their opinion and suggestion as well. But you can always contact me at dcahyana @ gmail . com

bal2an

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi bal2an,
It is not confidential. Since you said you are a bachelor in Electrical Engg, was wondering how it was considered an IT major degree.

I am in a dilemma. I have a Bachelors in Electronics and Communication, and there were some software subjects, some computer networking subjects etc., but I am not too sure if these subjects will add up to 2 full semesters (that's what ACS defines as IT major).

Any advice?

Cheers
Hi reachanoop,

Since my major is Computer Engineering that cover 2 full semesters plus several basic subjects related to programming, ACS considered it as suitable without RPL.

From the experience of my friends from Communication major (from the same University with me) that already got their PR, they should go through the RPL process. But that is back in 2005, things might be changing now.

My suggestion is, go to ACS without RPL hoping your education is satisfactory to them. But while waiting for them to reply, you should prepare your RPL so that when your education is not enough, you have already had your RPL in hand.

IMHO, these kind of things might not be defined exactly since the syllabus from every school might be different, and maybe there is some subjective judgement from the ACS officer also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts