Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I graduated on May 2014. However, I interned at a company from Jan 2014-May2014. Is it a good idea to mention this on the ACS? Will this raise a flag as I graduated only in May 2014?

Since I started full time employment in the same company that I interned at only from July 2014, I still have some days to complete 3 years of work experience. This is because of 5 points here:

At the time of invitation to apply for the visa, the applicant ...

Number of points
6D31
had been employed outside Australia in:
(a) the applicant's nominated skilled occupation; or
(b) a closely related skilled occupation;
for a period totalling at least 36 months in the 10 years immediately before that time

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Hi,

I graduated on May 2014. However, I interned at a company from Jan 2014-May2014. Is it a good idea to mention this on the ACS? Will this raise a flag as I graduated only in May 2014?

Since I started full time employment in the same company that I interned at only from July 2014, I still have some days to complete 3 years of work experience. This is because of 5 points here:

At the time of invitation to apply for the visa, the applicant ...

Number of points
6D31
had been employed outside Australia in:
(a) the applicant's nominated skilled occupation; or
(b) a closely related skilled occupation;
for a period totalling at least 36 months in the 10 years immediately before that time

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks!
You have to mention the internship in ACS application
No adverse effect

2. What is 6D31?

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have to mention the internship in ACS application
No adverse effect

2. What is 6D31?

Cheers
Thank you for your reply!

That is just some code. I pulled that info directly from the Aus website, so it was mentioned as a category there.

Do you know how does the ACS actually verify the exp. letter? As in, who's contact number should be specified in the exp. letter? Would they be contacting them?

·
Registered
23,910 Posts
Thank you for your reply!

That is just some code. I pulled that info directly from the Aus website, so it was mentioned as a category there.

Do you know how does the ACS actually verify the exp. letter? As in, who's contact number should be specified in the exp. letter? Would they be contacting them?
ACS normally don't do any verification on their own

But once you submit your visa application, DIBP will be going through the assessment with a fine tooth comb and verify all the claims that you have made
The DIBP may contact anyone in the organisation
But you can give the contact number of the person signing the experience letter

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts