Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

ACS Part Time work experience query

6K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kgplearns 
#1 ·
Hello dear members,
I have a query regarding part time work experience for ACS. I have a total of 6.5 years of work experience. Out of which in the first 2 years, I worked for a company on part time basis. I was working for 20 hours per week, but my job was part time, overlapping with my education. Post that, I have worked full time, with 45 hours per week.
In my experience letter from my first job , it is mentioned that I “worked part time with 20 hours per week”. I want to understand, will ACS count those 2 years or do they only consider full time experience? I have heard that ACS counts 2 years part time as 1 year full time, even if I have worked for 20 hours per week. Is this true?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

#2 ·
ACS would have considered even 20 hours per week as full time but not in your case

This work was during your education period, so it will not be considered

Only your post education experience will be taken into account

Cheers

#3 ·
Thanks for the revert. By education, I mean my graduation and not highschool education. I was above 18 years old and was legally permitted to work with graduation. My university completed at 11.30 AM and I worked from 2-5 PM, 5 days a week. I think this should work. My only question is if the letter says that I worked "part time for 20 hours", would that work or not..

#6 ·
That's WHY I AM RUNNING. Because my only way to make it in the next 2 years is to get all the letters for part-time work. Plus I need to get a colleague to do a statutory declaration.

Your experience BEFORE your Bachelors degree is not considered. If you gained credentials POST work experience, only work experience after such credentials are completed will be considered. Sad truth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.