Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone applied for ACS with electronics and communication degree under for software engineer. How many years have been deducted ? can you please share how many subjects were considered as related to ICT. Mine are

Fundamental on information technology

Computer programming via C/C++

Business systems

Operation research

Microprocessor

Software lab

Advanced microprocessor

Computer lab

Artificial intelligence

Computer networking

Computer architecture

Will i be considered as ICT major or ICT minor ?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi

Anyone applied for ACS with electronics and communication degree under for software engineer. How many years have been deducted ? can you please share how many subjects were considered as related to ICT. Mine are

Fundamental on information technology

Computer programming via C/C++

Business systems

Operation research

Microprocessor

Software lab

Advanced microprocessor

Computer lab

Artificial intelligence

Computer networking

Computer architecture

Will i be considered as ICT major or ICT minor ?
Go for RPL. I got through fine with my RPL application..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i heard that some of the folks ..shared detail syllabus with the ACS team...and got ICT major

·
Registered
391 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
i heard that some of the folks ..shared detail syllabus with the ACS team...and got ICT major
Here's the thing you should remember through the end-to-end process of Australian PR; Providing additional information almost always helps! So go for it, provide as much information as you can!!

As far as my RPL is concerned, the syllabus list was taken care of by the marks cards I submitted! And below is the excerpt from my ACS results.

Your Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & Communication) from XXXX University
completed August 20XX has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

All the best!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's the thing you should remember through the end-to-end process of Australian PR; Providing additional information almost always helps! So go for it, provide as much information as you can!!

As far as my RPL is concerned, the syllabus list was taken care of by the marks cards I submitted! And below is the excerpt from my ACS results.

Your Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & Communication) from XXXX University
completed August 20XX has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing.

All the best!

did you choose the RPL option initially or the CO asked you to do it

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
If it may help you. I am an electronics engineer.
went through the normal route(NON RPL) got assessed as major in computing.
They deducted 4 Years from my experience.

Reactions: gaganlamba

·
Registered
3 Posts
I dont think RPL is necessary for ECE . Im from ECE background and i have done my ACS twice . They deducted me 4 years of experience .

·
Registered
391 Posts
I didn't want to take the chance of co coming back later, so went ahead with rpl, keeping in mind quick turnaround towards the grant :).

Like suku has mentioned, there is nothing mentioned in stone that it has to be rpl. Quite a few folks in this forum have gone ahead with acs and are sitting pretty, so go ahead would be my opinion as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts