Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done my Bachelors in Commerce(B.Com) and MBA. I've worked as Software Programmer for 8 yrs.
I'm planing to apply for 189 visa. Should I assess my credentials with ACS or VETASSESS.
Any experienced guys..please help me out.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I've done my Bachelors in Commerce(B.Com) and MBA. I've worked as Software Programmer for 8 yrs.
I'm planing to apply for 189 visa. Should I assess my credentials with ACS or VETASSESS.
If you will nominate occupation as Programmer then you must go for ACS assessment.
Since you have a Non-ICT degree, the requirement is to have at least 6 years of relevant experience which you currently fulfill. So please go for ACS assessment before lodging EOI for 189 visa.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

As you are into ICT occupation you should get your skills assessed from ACS.

REFER to the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines on page 9 and the Summary of Criteria for details.

As you Qualification is Non-ICT, most probably 6 years of your employment would get deducted to reach Skill Level Requirement Met Date.

All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.

AFTER your skills are assessed by ACS you would come to know the EXACT details.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hold a bachelor degree in Electrical and Electronics Engineering and currently holding 3 years and 2 months of work experience in IT (System Administrator).
I am 26 years old.
I found my job details exactly matching my profile in ACS but not in VETASSASS list of general occupation.
Now I am confused whether I should apply through vetasses or acs, since I have a minor ICT.
Please advice.

Please advise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts