Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am in the process of filling out the ACS online for my skills assessment and was wondering if a few people here could answer a few basic questions :

1. In the "Relevant experience" section, in the "To Date" dropdown it is compulsory to provide a month/year. So what should I specify in this field for my current job i.e. an on-going job with duration "Jan 2005 - Current" ?

2. I have 4.5 years of experience working for the same company with a couple of roles (but all related to my MODL expertise). Complete details are mentioned in the Resume' and company's reference letter. So in the "Relevant Experience" section of online form, should I have:
a. one entry for this company mentioning my current position and in the "details" field say "Please refer to Resume for details"
OR
b. multiple entries mentioning my different positions that I have been assigned in this 4.5 years tenure.

Would appreciate an early response so that I can complete the submission.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi,
I am in the process of filling out the ACS online for my skills assessment and was wondering if a few people here could answer a few basic questions :

1. In the "Relevant experience" section, in the "To Date" dropdown it is compulsory to provide a month/year. So what should I specify in this field for my current job i.e. an on-going job with duration "Jan 2005 - Current" ?
Welcome Baljeet Singh,
For ACS online application, unfortunately "till date" is not an answer , You will have to select to current date i.e. the date of application if you apply today then you would mention Working with XXX from Jan 2005 to Nov 2009 as YYY.

2. I have 4.5 years of experience working for the same company with a couple of roles (but all related to my MODL expertise). Complete details are mentioned in the Resume' and company's reference letter. So in the "Relevant Experience" section of online form, should I have:
a. one entry for this company mentioning my current position and in the "details" field say "Please refer to Resume for details"
OR
b. multiple entries mentioning my different positions that I have been assigned in this 4.5 years tenure.
What I did was option b. Let us know if you need more help with ACS.
Wish you good luck with your ACS.

Best Regards,
Randhir Singh

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI

we did a paper application, left the space blank (no till date/current)

as for the experience in the form, we filled the same in points, the CV was anyways attached but in my opinion you should put in duration, company name and then the designation/roles in points. and at the bottom you can mention refer resume for more details

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
HI

we did a paper application, left the space blank (no till date/current)

as for the experience in the form, we filled the same in points, the CV was anyways attached but in my opinion you should put in duration, company name and then the designation/roles in points. and at the bottom you can mention refer resume for more details
Hey Anj,

Online form does not let you leave "to date" blank, it keeps thinking you are leaving it incomplete.
Yes, you are correct, one would anyway attach the cv with details.

Regards,

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI

I thought as much, that's y the mention we did paper app. :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
I am also applying at this month end, as I will complete 4 Yrs....... Ther is no option as 'Till date' and hence I will mention as 30th Nov2009 with a bottom line that I am still employed and performing the same role.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts