Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts
Hi All,
After we emailed the docs to ACS for GTI suitability assessment, do we get any initial acknowledgment email from ACS? Typically when do we get their 1st acknowledgment email for docs. Also, do we get any separate email from ACS to pay them $300 for their suitability assessment and when do we usually get it after we send our docs email to ACS?
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hi All, After we emailed the docs to ACS for GTI suitability assessment, do we get any initial acknowledgment email from ACS? Typically when do we get their 1st acknowledgment email for docs. Also, do we get any separate email from ACS to pay them $300 for their suitability assessment and when do we usually get it after we send our docs email to ACS? Thanks for sharing your experience.
Generally, in 4-5 working days we get their 1st ack. When did you email ACS?

I emailed gti@acs.org.au with the necessary documentation on December 19, 2022. On December 20th, I received an email from them requesting documents in a specific format as well as the completion of a GTI form and stating, "ACS charges candidates a non-refundable $300 for a Global Talent Visa suitability assessment. The candidate's submission will be reviewed by ACS Assessors to ensure the above criteria are met. Any candidate that receives a suitable assessment will be invited to submit a formal Global Talent Visa application for a non-refundable investment of $500.
I responded to them over email on December 27 and haven't heard back.
Interestingly, I had done an ACS skill assessment in 2018 and had a profile on ACS. I logged in to my ACS account, and there was an outstanding fee of $300. I am not sure how ACS identified that profile as mine and added a GTI preliminary fee to be paid. Any idea if an ACS profile is needed before we go ahead with GTI VIA MAIL?

I emailed gti@acs.org.au with the necessary documentation on December 19, 2022. On December 20th, I received an email from them requesting documents in a specific format as well as the completion of a GTI form and stating, "ACS charges candidates a non-refundable $300 for a Global Talent Visa suitability assessment. The candidate's submission will be reviewed by ACS Assessors to ensure the above criteria are met. Any candidate that receives a suitable assessment will be invited to submit a formal Global Talent Visa application for a non-refundable investment of $500.
I responded to them over email on December 27 and haven't heard back.
Interestingly, I had done an ACS skill assessment in 2018 and had a profile on ACS. I logged in to my ACS account, and there was an outstanding fee of $300. I am not sure how ACS identified that profile as mine and added a GTI preliminary fee to be paid. Any idea if an ACS profile is needed before we go ahead with GTI VIA MAIL?
The moment you gave your name and passport number, your old assessment got tagged with this application
Cheers

Yes, I also had a similar experience last October. I submitted the DOC file to them but haven't received any outcome as yet. Have you received any response?
After a few months of waiting, I received their email requesting the payment of AUD300. I am not sure what will be happening soon. But at least, there are waves in my application. In their Dashboard, it states:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Your application is currently with a Case Officer who will check your documentation and will email you if any further documentation is required. If no further documentation is required your application will be sent to an assessor.
Please note that the whole application process takes approximately 8-10 weeks.

Another months/weeks of waiting <,<

After a few months of waiting, I received their email requesting the payment of AUD300. I am not sure what will be happening soon. But at least, there are waves in my application. In their Dashboard, it states:
Your application is currently with a Case Officer who will check your documentation and will email you if any further documentation is required. If no further documentation is required your application will be sent to an assessor.
Please note that the whole application process takes approximately 8-10 weeks.

Another months/weeks of waiting <,<
Thanks for sharing your case info. Last year, when I applied in July, they asked for 300$ payment within 2-3 days since I sent them the initial email. There seems to be a lot of backlog in their system right now.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts