Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a positive assessment by ACS earlier this year and I have a couple of questions regarding getting another one.

1. Can I request another assessment under a different code?
2. Will my first assessment be voided?
3. Can I have 2 EOI -one under each assessment- or I can only use 1?

Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
I received a positive assessment by ACS earlier this year and I have a couple of questions regarding getting another one.

Thanks
Hi
(1) For my knowledge if the job description matches for two positions you can get bot h assessments.

No idea about (2) question regarding voided or not

(3)How many Expressions of Interest can I submit?

There is no limitation on how many Expressions of Interest you can submit in SkillSelect. However, you must be able to provide evidence on all the claims you have made to achieve your points score. If you do not accept your invitation we cannot guarantee that you will receive another invitation.

For 1, 2 i recommend you to call ACS directly..https://www.acs.org.au/contact-us.html

They are available over the phone and also i have made several calls when i was doing my assessment and they are ready to answer willingly.. if you get more details you can update this thread for the benefit of others as you seeking for same info...

Good luck ! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts

Thanks
Yes, you can request for a second assessment under a different code. I have done it myself. This is completely harmless. In that case, the first assessment will not be voided. You can still refer that in EOI.
You can lodge multiple EOIs. But I do not advise this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, that's really good to known. I have the same question, what's the issue submitting multiple EOIs?

·
Registered
45 Posts
There is no issue in submitting multiple EOIs. Many people do it in case they are not confident about claiming points and just want to get into the queue. But, it just doesn't seem right to me. I feel that it is not right for the same person submitting multiple EOIs under different email addresses. I think if you are confident about claiming your points, then you should go with one EOI. If there is confusion, then the DBIP will eventually raise that too. In my case, I updated my EOI but I did not open another one. I have seen cases where the applicants lodged visa applications in a rush and later got refused. It is better to wait, make your points right and then apply. It saves time and money. The entire process should be as clean as possible. The possibility of getting the visa is very high with less complicated cases.

One thing is ACS does not create many complications. In most cases, they accept the skilled experiences. But DBIP will thoroughly check and verify. So, even after ACS counts your experience, the biggest hurdle remains with DBIP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts