Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently applied for my ACS assessment and got a negative result for one of my experiences.

1. My Bachelors, PY, Masters, and one of my experiences in Australia( my previous company) was assessed as a systems analyst except the one below.

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.
Dates: 06/21 - 08/22 - 0 year(s) 0 month(s)
Position: Pricing Analyst - Not Professional ICT Level Experience
Employer: XXX

when emailed to the ACS case officer, the reply was as below.

Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Number

I have provided them with my experience letter in detail which aligns with the ACS systems analyst role.
Not sure why ACS is messing up like this. Nobody will go from an Analyst role( which was assessed) to an Admin role (a present role that was not assessed).

The role of pricing analyst involves high-end tools and technologies which I have clearly mentioned in the experience letter signed by my senior manager from my company. My company in Australia is a multination company.

I would like to know what next steps I need to do.
Review or Appeal? If yes what do I need to do? How to fight this and get this fixed?

Have anyone faced the same in the past or in the present? Need your support.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi All,

I recently applied for my ACS assessment and got a negative result for one of my experiences.

1. My Bachelors, PY, Masters, and one of my experiences in Australia( my previous company) was assessed as a systems analyst except the one below.

The following employment has been assessed as not suitable.
Dates: 06/21 - 08/22 - 0 year(s) 0 month(s)
Position: Pricing Analyst - Not Professional ICT Level Experience
Employer: XXX

when emailed to the ACS case officer, the reply was as below.

View attachment 102658

I have provided them with my experience letter in detail which aligns with the ACS systems analyst role.
Not sure why ACS is messing up like this. Nobody will go from an Analyst role( which was assessed) to an Admin role (a present role that was not assessed).

The role of pricing analyst involves high-end tools and technologies which I have clearly mentioned in the experience letter signed by my senior manager from my company. My company in Australia is a multination company.

I would like to know what next steps I need to do.
Review or Appeal? If yes what do I need to do? How to fight this and get this fixed?

Have anyone faced the same in the past or in the present? Need your support.
A 'pricing analyst' generally is a very different job to a 'system/business analyst' and is not a job you would often see under the ICT dept. of any corporates. I have a feeling your job title may have gone against you here. If you are genuinely supporting and working on the tools/technologies supporting the pricing models/data/softwares etc then I believe you have a valid case to request for a review or appeal.

But if your job is actually of a pricing analyst (i.e. pricing strategies, margin analysis, making pricing models etc) then I am afraid it might not make the cut.

Post your roles and responsibilities your manager signed here so members can further analyse this.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mate,
I believe I have a valid case in my side as I am working on tools and technologies, like Salesforce, Qliksense, Visio, PriceFx Software and Infor M3( ERP software).
A few of my roles and responsibilities are as below.

Font Material property Parallel Number Screenshot

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Hi Mate,
I believe I have a valid case in my side as I am working on tools and technologies, like Salesforce, Qliksense, Visio, PriceFx Software and Infor M3( ERP software).
A few of my roles and responsibilities are as below.

View attachment 102660
You need to understand what does a 'System Analyst' do?

Let me play the devil's advocate - any admin/operational guy can work on 10s of softwares - that doesn't simply make them a system/business analyst right?

A system analyst's job is work on the enhancement of the systems/softwares/applications, writing requirements, business use cases, etc etc

Reading your roles and responsibilities I am just not able to see the link with ICT BA or Systems Analyst at all.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need to understand what does a 'System Analyst' do?

Let me play the devil's advocate - any admin/operational guy can work on 10s of software - that doesn't simply make them a system/business analyst right?

A system analyst's job is to work on the enhancement of the systems/software/applications, writing requirements, business use cases, etc etc

Reading your roles and responsibilities I am just not able to see the link with ICT BA or Systems Analyst at all.
Yes, I agree with your points not debating in specific.

But reading my roles did you find the roles as ADMIN roles? as per ACS's case officer's reply?

Without analysis, in place, nobody will give an analyst role plus to be a Business/System/Network analyst per se, anyone has to do analysis based on systems, tools, software, and requirements, as per my experience letter. In my experience letter above I do have mentioned I write code, test them, gather requirements, understand the business and support the business, design flow charts, etc.

You can train an admin/operational guy on 10 different software, but the company won't give the title of "pricing analyst" in specific with a high-paying salary.

I have seen so dumb roles and responsibilities getting assessed as a systems analyst. See I am not fighting here, I am anyways going to review this and challenge ACS.

But from my experience in IT, nobody will use SALESFORCE, QLIKSENSE, PRICEFX, ERP tools, etc for the ADMIN role as mentioned by a case officer in the email.

My first assessment for my previous work was assessed and I worked in similar roles and responsibilities.

Personally, I was very particular to get a job that has systems analyst side roles. Thanks for your input thou will fight this and get back a positive result.

· Registered
1,941 Posts
Based purely on the bullet points, to me it reads a bit like a multi-disciplinary BA role with a dash of training and technical writing and technical support thrown into the mix.

Indeed you seem to admit as much by suggesting that the systems analyst was a "side role" rather than the primary position responsibility.

I am with RD on this one.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based purely on the bullet points, to me it reads a bit like a multi-disciplinary BA role with a dash of training and technical writing and technical support thrown into the mix.

Indeed you seem to admit as much by suggesting that the systems analyst was a "side role" rather than the primary position responsibility.

I am with RD on this one.
So do you think apply for BA role assessment in Review?

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Yes, I agree with your points not debating in specific.

But reading my roles did you find the roles as ADMIN roles? as per ACS's case officer's reply?

Without analysis, in place, nobody will give an analyst role plus to be a Business/System/Network analyst per se, anyone has to do analysis based on systems, tools, software, and requirements, as per my experience letter. In my experience letter above I do have mentioned I write code, test them, gather requirements, understand the business and support the business, design flow charts, etc.

You can train an admin/operational guy on 10 different software, but the company won't give the title of "pricing analyst" in specific with a high-paying salary.

I have seen so dumb roles and responsibilities getting assessed as a systems analyst. See I am not fighting here, I am anyways going to review this and challenge ACS.

But from my experience in IT, nobody will use SALESFORCE, QLIKSENSE, PRICEFX, ERP tools, etc for the ADMIN role as mentioned by a case officer in the email.

My first assessment for my previous work was assessed and I worked in similar roles and responsibilities.

Personally, I was very particular to get a job that has systems analyst side roles. Thanks for your input thou will fight this and get back a positive result.
You are reading too much into the word 'Admin' mate. ACS has simply said that they don't find your current job aligns to a 'System Analyst' role. If you can prove it otherwise then do it but from reading your current roles and responsibilities letter I am not sure how you are going to turn this around.

ACS doesn't care how you got the job and what kind of analysis you do and how much you get paid. They simply review the R&R letter and cross check the responsibilities/tasks against 'System Analyst' ANZCO code. I think rule of thumb is around 5-6 tasks in your job need to hit the mark. Reading your current letter I can probably tick 1-2 tasks max. This is basically the reason ACS is not convinced.

In hindsight you should have taken the cautious approach and could have gotten the R&R letter crafted differently as per job tasks clearly mentioned for the ANZCO job code in question

1 - 9 of 9 Posts