Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for ACS assessment in May 2013 and got my result in July as follows

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Engineering from XXXXX completed June 2005 has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

Dates: 08/05 - 04/13 (7yrs 8mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Employer: XXXXXXXXX

I am currently serving in the same company. Since my exp is now 8 years, can I apply for 8 year of exp using the same letter (stating 7 yrs 8 month) and claim 5 extra points, or do I need to apply for ACS assessment again with same documents so that it says 8 years. I am planning to claim 15 points.Please suggest.

·
Registered
385 Posts
u can use the same letter and just add ur new reference letter stating ur 8yrs experience and u can proof ur exp by salary slips,bank statement and tax files are enough

·
Registered
19 Posts
I applied for ACS assessment in May 2013 and got my result in July as follows

Your qualification has been assessed as follows:
Your Bachelor of Engineering from XXXXX completed June 2005 has been
assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a major in computing

Dates: 08/05 - 04/13 (7yrs 8mths)
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Employer: XXXXXXXXX

I am currently serving in the same company. Since my exp is now 8 years, can I apply for 8 year of exp using the same letter (stating 7 yrs 8 month) and claim 5 extra points, or do I need to apply for ACS assessment again with same documents so that it says 8 years. I am planning to claim 15 points.Please suggest.
Hi sid_gupta,

I'm of the same situation. Need your inputs on this.

I have got my ACS assessment letter on May 2013 (which is valid until April 2015) where it is mentioned that my employment after January 2010 is suitable for claiming points for Australian work experience for EOI / Immigration.

The letter has also captured my employment with an Australian company based at Sydney for the period from April 2010 and Mar 2013 (2 years 11 mnths).

I'm still employed with the same company for which I have received the review done by ACS. Moreover my roles & responsibilities that I currently perform are one and the same as I have mentioned / evaluated by ACS.

I have current payslips, tax returns, bank statements, even updated employer reference mentioning the Job title / description for the period after Mar 2013 till date to support the same claim.

My question here is:

As I have completed 3+ years of work experience with the same job & company by May 2013, Can I claim those extra five points under Australian work experience?

In other works, is this experience after April 2010 cumulative till date.

P.S: I have left the end date of this employment as blank while completed the EOI online form.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Hi sid_gupta,

I'm of the same situation. Need your inputs on this.

I have got my ACS assessment letter on May 2013 (which is valid until April 2015) where it is mentioned that my employment after January 2010 is suitable for claiming points for Australian work experience for EOI / Immigration.

The letter has also captured my employment with an Australian company based at Sydney for the period from April 2010 and Mar 2013 (2 years 11 mnths).

I'm still employed with the same company for which I have received the review done by ACS. Moreover my roles & responsibilities that I currently perform are one and the same as I have mentioned / evaluated by ACS.

I have current payslips, tax returns, bank statements, even updated employer reference mentioning the Job title / description for the period after Mar 2013 till date to support the same claim.

My question here is:

As I have completed 3+ years of work experience with the same job & company by May 2013, Can I claim those extra five points under Australian work experience?

In other works, is this experience after April 2010 cumulative till date.

P.S: I have left the end date of this employment as blank while completed the EOI online form.
hi sakthi,

you are able to receive extra points for 3+ australian years of work experience with the existing skills assessment letter as it is valid till april, 2015 on condition that you are working on same role and with the same company yet. But, you must prove this by submitting current monthly salary slips, income tax/bank statements to the case officer. It is highly recommended to receive a new letter of roles and responsibilities from your immediate boss and submit it along with the above documents, however, this is optional.

Regards,
sathiya

1 - 4 of 4 Posts