Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Lets use this thread to identify and follow the ACS process with required documents for the same.

This thread is for the beginners who are planning to apply for ACS and also to everybody else who can help, share experience for the ACS.

Thanks all ..

Reactions: theillusionist

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My first query is whether we need to address the experience letter to the ACS team or we can have "To whomsoever it may concern".

I understand we need to mentioned the following:
Name of the employee
Name of the Company
Location of the company
Number of hours per week
Salary if possible
the duration of the employment

followed by the roles and responsibilities.

Sample:
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. XXX (ID: XXX) was employed with XXX, India as XXX on a full time basis of 40 hours per week from December 2007 till December 2008.

He/she possesses good expertise on the domain like XXX and is competent in XXX/XXX capabilities with professional, educational and behavioral competencies.

In this position, Mr. XXXX roles, responsibilities and duties were as follows:

please let me know your comments on the same.
Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
My first query is whether we need to address the experience letter to the ACS team or we can have "To whomsoever it may concern".

I understand we need to mentioned the following:
Name of the employee
Name of the Company
Location of the company
Number of hours per week
Salary if possible
the duration of the employment

followed by the roles and responsibilities.

Sample:
TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr. XXX (ID: XXX) was employed with XXX, India as XXX on a full time basis of 40 hours per week from December 2007 till December 2008.

He/she possesses good expertise on the domain like XXX and is competent in XXX/XXX capabilities with professional, educational and behavioral competencies.

In this position, Mr. XXXX roles, responsibilities and duties were as follows:

please let me know your comments on the same.
Thanks in advance..

Just make sure that the name, designation and contact details of the person signing the Reference letter is given.
Also that the letter is issued on the company letterhead which gives the addresses and contact details of the company
It need not be addressed to ACS, To whom it may concern is good enough

cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Newbienz,
I am getting this on the Company Letter head but it would contain the signature of the person who is giving the letter.. along with his or her designation.... the company letter head would contain the contact details or the board number but not specific contact number of the person.

Do i need to ask for the signing person contact number to be mentioned??

Thanks

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
Hey Newbienz,
I am getting this on the Company Letter head but it would contain the signature of the person who is giving the letter.. along with his or her designation.... the company letter head would contain the contact details or the board number but not specific contact number of the person.

Thanks
It would be better if you could get the contact number of the person signing the letter

I did

Cheers

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your quick reply ...and people like make this forum awesome ..

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey Newbienz,

Thanks
It would be better if you could get the contact number of the person signing the letter

I did

Cheers
Hi Guys, but i think if u get employer reference letter on official letterhead which is kind of system generated for most of the mnc's having company borad and fax number , it can not be modified to put personal number of the person signing it which is kind of default HR head .
Anyway if acs want they can ask for that person by calling on board number.
Plz suggest if at all its mandatory.

Secondly...earlier too i asked this qstn regarding mention of location where employment was completed.companies like ibm cts etc dun mention location in their letter...is it really mandatory..i read it on acs guidelines that it is needed...but somebody on forum had replied it is needed when u worked in multiple location otherwise not required.plz help me here???

Thirdly...lets say i have 8 years of experience and i possess comp sci degree
Now the first two years will be deducted for suitablity criteria...qstn is do i really need to give employer ref letter for this to acs...or no.need...ultimately i wont gent any points for these 2 years...or it is needed to be submitted no matter if it will be deducted and become non relevant exp

Replies are much appreciated...as i m plnng to go for acs so wanted the info on people's exp here..??
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Guys, but i think if u get employer reference letter on official letterhead which is kind of system generated for most of the mnc's having company borad and fax number , it can not be modified to put personal number of the person signing it which is kind of default HR head .

Secondly...earlier too i asked this qstn regarding mention of location where employment was completed.companies like ibm cts etc dun mention location in their letter...is it really mandatory..i read it on acs guidelines that it is needed...but somebody on forum had replied it is needed when u worked in multiple location otherwise not required.plz help me here???

Now the first two years will be deducted for suitablity criteria...qstn is do i really need to give employer ref letter for this to acs...or no.need...ultimately i wont gent any points for these 2 years...or it is needed to be submitted no matter if it will be deducted and become non relevant exp

Replies are much appreciated...as i m plnng to go for acs so wanted the info on people's exp here..??
Thanks a lot.
Hi ..i agree with on the fact that the board number is present on the company letter head .. what newbiez said is good to have if we can get to print their phone number.. which many a times is not possible as the companies have digital signatures of the HR head where you might not get any other information alternative to this what we can do is attach a business card scan to the same document i guess..

the location generally is mentioned in the first two lines which generally says "xyz was employed at abc pvt ltd in bangalore india as 123 on full time basis of 40 hours per week from date till date"

3 rd question i think i will let the experienced speak about it .. cause it is a combination of ICT Units and Duties ..

Thanks and all the best ... by the way which code you are applying ???

·
Registered
23,916 Posts

Thanks a lot.
3. You have to give the complete set of papers for the initial 2 years also irrespective of whether ACS will ultimately allow it or not.

If you dont, they may deduct the next 2 years also for which you have given the complete papers and just ignore the initial 2 years

Please dont try to prejudge the ACS assessment and submit all the documents as per ACS guidelines

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts

Thanks a lot.
Hi ..i agree with on the fact that the board number is present on the company letter head .. what newbiez said is good to have if we can get to print their phone number.. which many a times is not possible as the companies have digital signatures of the HR head where you might not get any other information alternative to this what we can do is attach a business card scan to the same document i guess..

the location generally is mentioned in the first two lines which generally says "xyz was employed at abc pvt ltd in bangalore india as 123 on full time basis of 40 hours per week from date till date"

3 rd question i think i will let the experienced speak about it .. cause it is a combination of ICT Units and Duties ..

Thanks and all the best ... by the way which code you are applying ???
Thanks for reply.
I am planning for 261313
But this location thing companies not able to mention..dun know why. rest all details are there...just that location is not there....
Not sure to go for SD or just submit whatever i have...one guy told me on forum that not necessary if worked at single location.....again not sure he had actaully experienced that or said from just inference
Also this business card is also not possible to get provided if u r still work for the company..if it has been say like more than 5 6 years..i dun think those guys will share their contact details...
Not sure have to see....any expert advice guys!!!!!!????

·
Registered
282 Posts

Thanks a lot.
3. You have to give the complete set of papers for the initial 2 years also irrespective of whether ACS will ultimately allow it or not.

If you dont, they may deduct the next 2 years also for which you have given the complete papers and just ignore the initial 2 years

Please dont try to prejudge the ACS assessment and submit all the documents as per ACS guidelines

Cheers
Hi Buddy,
Do u know anything about this location thing.....otherwise i will have to get SD for most of the companies experience...
Only place india is mentioned is in the letter header where company address is mentioned ...
And thnx i will make sure that submit the details for first two years as well..
My only bugbear is location not specified for me....
Becuase of this thing letter from my 3 past employers will be renedered useless....
I will have to go for SD ..is it good idea??
Any advice / suggestion workaround????

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
Hi Buddy,
Do u know anything about this location thing.....otherwise i will have to get SD for most of the companies experience...
Only place india is mentioned is in the letter header where company address is mentioned ...
Becuase of this thing letter from my 3 past employers will be renedered useless....
Please post the complete details of the reference letters much as possible

If possible, send a scan to me as pm of a reference letter
Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hi Buddy,
Please post the complete details of the reference letters much as possible

If possible, send a scan to me as pm of a reference letter
Cheers
I tried to pm u but not sure how to attach...i m just posting wat my letter exactly has...
(Company address)
Date:.
Emp Name:
Emp Id:

To whomsoever it may concern
This is to certify that MR xxxx was employed with us in full time basis(40 hrs per week) from date1 to date2.At the time of leaving the company he was designated as sr software engineer.
His roles and responsibities during tenure:
1.dddfff
2.wwwww
------
------
Hope this help..let me know if i need any other info

·
Registered
23,916 Posts
I tried to pm u but not sure how to attach...i m just posting wat my letter exactly has...
(Company address)
Emp Name:
Emp Id:

This is to certify that MR xxxx was employed with us in full time basis(40 hrs per week) from date1 to date2.At the time of leaving the company he was designated as sr software engineer.
1.dddfff
2.wwwww
------
------
As you have worked only in India, I think this may be sufficient
Please make sure that the name, designation and contact details of the person signing the reference letter is given

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
(Company address)
Emp Name:
Emp Id:

1.dddfff
2.wwwww
------
------
As you have worked only in India, I think this may be sufficient
Please make sure that the name, designation and contact details of the person signing the reference letter is given

Cheers
Thanks buddy ...again person who signed the latter is some hr head, name signature designation is given but phone no is wat is mentioned in company address not individual personal number is given...lets see.....off later i have been in tizzy thinking over this acs stuff...?lets hope for the best...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi .. i think you should submit what you got and it would have the details on the letter about location and phone numbers etc ... its good to have it mentioned but i guess not mandatory... at the same time companies are getting such request in large numbers and they are accommodating at times and some have started to accommodate..

i think we need the following for ACS:

1.Passport only the details page attested
2.Transcripts from university attested
3.main degree certificate attested ( some say color copy works but i think i would go for attestation personal choice)
4.Current company offer letter and the experience letter (extra could be a business card and/or 3 months payslips(attested))
5.Previous companies relieving letter along with experience letter on letter head (some suggest the experience letter should be attested need to get confirmation on the same)with business card and pay slips (Attested) if possible
6.if any Statutory declaration with manager that should be a stamp paper of some value you should find that information from the forum members along with these
•Certified copy of Payslips – preferably first & last payslip
•Certified copy of Human Resource statement or Service Certificate
•Certified copy of Termination Letter with corresponding dates

Please Note: the ACS is unable to accept letters of appointment, self-statutory declarations or contracts as employment references.

Senior or experience members can pitch and comments on anything that needs correction.. thanks in advance for all your support
All the best .. and lets do it quick

Reactions: theillusionist

·
Registered
142 Posts
Subscribing to this thread :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
ACS Assessment - June 2017

Subscribing to this thread.

·
Super Moderator
5,694 Posts
Subscribing to this thread :)
Subscribing to this thread.
Rather than add a "Following" or "Subscribing" comment to multiple threads, please use the "Subscribe to this thread" link to subscribe to a thread. :)

You can find it at the top right of the first post in every thread, in the green bar. :)

It changes to "Unsubscribe to this thread" after you've used it, so you can also do that if you want. :)

Thank you. :)
kaju

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi .. i think you should submit what you got and it would have the details on the letter about location and phone numbers etc ... its good to have it mentioned but i guess not mandatory... at the same time companies are getting such request in large numbers and they are accommodating at times and some have started to accommodate..

i think we need the following for ACS:

1.Passport only the details page attested
2.Transcripts from university attested
3.main degree certificate attested ( some say color copy works but i think i would go for attestation personal choice)
4.Current company offer letter and the experience letter (extra could be a business card and/or 3 months payslips(attested))
5.Previous companies relieving letter along with experience letter on letter head (some suggest the experience letter should be attested need to get confirmation on the same)with business card and pay slips (Attested) if possible
6.if any Statutory declaration with manager that should be a stamp paper of some value you should find that information from the forum members along with these
•Certified copy of Payslips – preferably first & last payslip
•Certified copy of Human Resource statement or Service Certificate
•Certified copy of Termination Letter with corresponding dates

Please Note: the ACS is unable to accept letters of appointment, self-statutory declarations or contracts as employment references.

Senior or experience members can pitch and comments on anything that needs correction.. thanks in advance for all your support
All the best .. and lets do it quick
Hi AUSPR,

Have you submitted docs for ACS?

1 - 20 of 71 Posts