Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am Meenu, a IT Professional.

I got a statutory declaration from a senior colleague. But this senior colleague was working in another project in my company.

Moreover this senior colleague who issued my statutory declaration quit the company after one month.

1. Whether this issued statutory declaration will work ?.:confused:
  2. Did ACS deduct any experience, since Qualification is MCA (2006-2009), BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MATHS (2003-2006) ?.:confused:

*Experience 20 September 2009 to till date
*My age is 29 years.
*IELTS 7 overall.

Please share your valuable feed back from your experience.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello,

I am Meenu, a IT Professional.

I got a statutory declaration from a senior colleague. But this senior colleague was working in another project in my company.

Moreover this senior colleague who issued my statutory declaration quit the company after one month.

[*]Whether this issued statutory declaration will work ?.:confused:
[*]Did ACS deduct any experience, since Qualification is MCA (2006-2009), BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MATHS (2003-2006) ?.:confused:

*Experience 20 September 2009 to till date
*My age is 29 years.
*IELTS 7 overall.

Please share your valuable feed back from your experience.
1. Statuary declaration will work and will not cause issues with ACS. Even if they enquire, you can tell your senior beforehand that in case he/she receives any call he can give a +ve relevant feedback.

2. ACS will 2 years of experience for the equivalent skilled employment date if they consider your b. SC maths a major in computing. In my case, it was b. SC maths science and had computers as major subjects was considered as ICT major in computing.
If in your case it is maths(h), it has all subjects related to maths then acs would not consider this as major in computing and would deduct some more experience.

Others with similar experience, can provide their further inputs on the 2nd point.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I am worried. What about MCA (Masters in Computer Application). Please clarify.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for your reply. I am worried. What about MCA (Masters in Computer Application). Please clarify.
It will be considered as AQF masters with major in computing.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello,
What is ASF?
I dont have much idea about immigration.
Whether I will get atleast 15 points for my qualification ?
My expectation is follows:
IELTS score 7 overall- 10
Age- 30
Degree - 15 ?
Experience - 10/5 ?
Total points Expecting : 65 / 60

I have 5.6 months experience as system analyst. Starting September 2009 to till date.

Qualification:
Masters in Computer Application ( 2006-2009 )
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (2003-2006).

Please share ur feed back.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
@Meenus- Check the reply I posted on another thread. Tread carefully before submitting that declaration from a person who isn't working there anymore and hence technically is not in a position to vouch for your current roles and responsibilities. Moreover, the contact details/ business card of his on that declaration are not current, and at this point in time- at the time of submission, you are very well aware of this situation and still are providing an incorrect document for assessment.

Also, if they (DIBP) decide to verify, they do their research first, and call at the said person's desk number, and in case of emails, they send emails to his office email address.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello,
What is ASF?
I dont have much idea about immigration.
Whether I will get atleast 15 points for my qualification ?
My expectation is follows:
IELTS score 7 overall- 10
Age- 30
Degree - 15 ?
Experience - 10/5 ?
Total points Expecting : 65 / 60

I have 5.6 months experience as system analyst. Starting September 2009 to till date.

Qualification:
Masters in Computer Application ( 2006-2009 )
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics (2003-2006)

Please share ur feed back.
It is AQF(Australian Qualification Framework).

Your MCA will be considered as a major in computing and will be equivalent to any masters in Australia.

I am not sure about your Bachelors, as it has all core mathematics subjects or some computers related subjects are also there in your curriculum.

So, if your degree is also considered as major in computing i.e. it has equivalent subjects related to computers then from your experience ACS will deduct 2 years from your experience as they take first 2 years as a part of experience to get you to that level of skilled employment (you can take this 1st 2 years they take as training years for your job)

And if in case, they do not take your degree as a major in computing then then might deduct your experience further. I am not sure about this, as I don't about your course content.

Fir sure, you cannot have 10 points for your experience as they'll definately deduct 1st 2 years. So, your experience that would command for points will be 3.6 years I. E. 5 points.

So, cannot comment on how many points you'll get for your experience and qualification.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Whether I am eligible to get 15 points for my qualification ? At any case.

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
@Meenus- Check the reply I posted on another thread. Tread carefully before submitting that declaration from a person who isn't working there anymore and hence technically is not in a position to vouch for your current roles and responsibilities. Moreover, the contact details/ business card of his on that declaration are not current, and at this point in time- at the time of submission, you are very well aware of this situation and still are providing an incorrect document for assessment.

Also, if they (DIBP) decide to verify, they do their research first, and call at the said person's desk number, and in case of emails, they send emails to his office email address.
+1 to KeeDa

Didn't imagined such a situation, if that's the case please get a new statutory declaration done and then only submit to DIBP to avoid confusions/ unnecessary clarifications that you may need to provide if they enquire.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I was in the same situation.
My previous manager from one of the organization I was working had moved on to some other organization.
So while making the Stat declaration I clearly mentioned that he had moved on to another organization now. but during my tenure with previous company he was my manager.
I gave them his current official email id an Phone no.

But please do remember to mention this detail in the stat declaration before getting it signed.

+1 to KeeDa

Didn't imagined such a situation, if that's the case please get a new statutory declaration done and then only submit to DIBP to avoid confusions/ unnecessary clarifications that you may need to provide if they enquire.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
@Sukesh- The OP's situation is that s/he took the SD from supervisor A in the month of Feb and wants to submit it now when A is not working in the organization anymore, but OP continues to work there.

In your case, it was your previous org as well as the authors. But, here, it is just the author's previous org. For the applicant, it still is current.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ohh OK,
Sorry got it wrong.

@Sukesh- The OP's situation is that s/he took the SD from supervisor A in the month of Feb and wants to submit it now when A is not working in the organization anymore, but OP continues to work there.

In your case, it was your previous org as well as the authors. But, here, it is just the author's previous org. For the applicant, it still is current.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
+1 to KeeDa

I am fed up with my current company hr and my senior colleague. None of them is helping to provide me a Statutory Declaration.... All are saying some excuses... Tensed...:(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am fed up with my current company hr and my senior colleague. None of them is helping to provide me a Statutory Declaration.... All are saying some excuses... Tensed...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yes Correct.
For my current organization I got it done from my friend who is on same position as me.
But remember to mention this in the declaration.

Reference from a colleague who is not at a junior position also works well.

Reactions: Kariznin

·
Registered
5,859 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Dear all,

Thank god, I just upload application in ACS for 261111 (ICT Business Analyst).

I had uploaded following documents:
1. Degree BSC Mathematics Major 2003-2006
2. Masters of Computer Application 2006-2009
3. Statutory Declaration for my roles in 5.3 year Experience, & Payslips.

I have additional certification in Prince2 Practitioner in Project Management, ISTQB.
But I didn't upload in ACS application form. In case If I upload this certification also, whether they do assessment on Prince2 and ISTQB. Prince2 is 3-4 days full time course, ISTQB only exam.

Please share your experiences.

Thank u

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
I don't think the Prince2 Practitioner certification can be assessed by them. They assess a limited number of vendor certifications (mostly Microsoft and Cisco). A pdf document on their website has the list of accepted vendor certifications.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts