Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I'm interested to move to Australia as i'm currently based in Dubai.

I've applied through an immigration company based in Dubai and they advised me to prepare my IEA documents. I've spent 4 months to prepare all documents (project details, IELETS, academic documents attested, etc).

After showing them all the documents i prepared, they told me that i should not go for IEA but i should prepare my documents for ACS as my BSc is in Electrical & Electronics Engineering however my experience is in networking and communication solutions (mainly Cisco). I do not trust this agent anymore and i need help.

I would like to know if i can apply through IEA or ACS!! Also, if i applied for IEA (as all my documents are ready) and i got refused, can i re-apply for ACS after that?

Can anyone help me in preparing the ACS documents?

Thanks you all in advance & looking forward for your response.

Best regards,
AA

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Welcome Sika,

Note the following carefully.

If you are an engineer then for skills assessment you have to submit (a) IELTS results and (b) CDR to Engineers Australia.

For IT professionals you have to apply to Australian Computer Society (ACS) for your skills assesment (PASA). You do not need to submit a CDR (Competency Demostration Report). ACS also does not require your IELTS score with your PASA application.

For IT professionals who do not have a univesity degree (undergraduate or post graduate) they have to submit an RPL (Recognition for Prior Learning) and a report to prove that they have acquired the same level of IT knowledge as one would gain at a univesity.

If you are an engineer then you should visit the website of Engineers Australia and if you are an IT professional you whould visit the webiste of ACS to get further information.

1. You may apply to Engineers Australia as an Electronics Englineer if your work invovled communicastions, networking and computer and/or communications hardware etc.

If you have been involved in doing something else.... then you may also apply to Engineers Australia for the occupation Engineering Technologist(nec) The occupation is worh 60 points but it is neither on the MODL or CSL lists.

If you apply for either of the above then you will have to write a CDR.

2. It is not mentioned about any vendor certifiation being recognised by ACS for skills assessment. Howver, to my knowledge, in the past ACS has been known have given credit to the following 4 professional qualifications as being at the academic level of an Australian IT Diploma for skills asspurposes:

MCSE, MCSD, CNE and CLP (sorry no Cisco...)

You should note the following clause in the ACS guideline and check if you meet this criterion

2.3.3. As a guide for a minor (sub-major) for a Bachelor degree the ICT content must be at least
20%.

i hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mr. India,

Appreciate your reply however it confuses me in some points.

I'd like to highlight that I've BSc of Engineering (so I'm an engineer) in Electrical and Electronics. However, my experience is in IT (networking).

So, I'm both (engineer + IT professional). Shall i go for IEA or ACS?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome Sika,

Note the following carefully.

If you are an engineer then for skills assessment you have to submit (a) IELTS results and (b) CDR to Engineers Australia.

For IT professionals you have to apply to Australian Computer Society (ACS) for your skills assesment (PASA). You do not need to submit a CDR (Competency Demostration Report). ACS also does not require your IELTS score with your PASA application.

For IT professionals who do not have a univesity degree (undergraduate or post graduate) they have to submit an RPL (Recognition for Prior Learning) and a report to prove that they have acquired the same level of IT knowledge as one would gain at a univesity.

If you are an engineer then you should visit the website of Engineers Australia and if you are an IT professional you whould visit the webiste of ACS to get further information.

1. You may apply to Engineers Australia as an Electronics Englineer if your work invovled communicastions, networking and computer and/or communications hardware etc.

If you have been involved in doing something else.... then you may also apply to Engineers Australia for the occupation Engineering Technologist(nec) The occupation is worh 60 points but it is neither on the MODL or CSL lists.

If you apply for either of the above then you will have to write a CDR.

2. It is not mentioned about any vendor certifiation being recognised by ACS for skills assessment. Howver, to my knowledge, in the past ACS has been known have given credit to the following 4 professional qualifications as being at the academic level of an Australian IT Diploma for skills asspurposes:

MCSE, MCSD, CNE and CLP (sorry no Cisco...)

You should note the following clause in the ACS guideline and check if you meet this criterion

2.3.3. As a guide for a minor (sub-major) for a Bachelor degree the ICT content must be at least
20%.

i hope this clarifies.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
ACS it is for you. since u are an IT professional, for the same u get assessed by ACS

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sika,

What i meant as you can take either of the paths.. as Engineering Technologist(nec) The occupation is worh 60 points but it is neither on the MODL or CSL lists.
OR
With ACS, you can show Inter networking/ firewall experience and claim 60 Point and CSL MODL 15 points.

I would personally recommend you to go with ACS. You would need 4-6 years of experience though.

Regards,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks alot India & Anj...

Guys....Do you recommend any TRUSTED immigration agent who can help me in the process through ACS. (Specially document preparation)...

Thanks & Regards,
Sika

Sika,

What i meant as you can take either of the paths.. as Engineering Technologist(nec) The occupation is worh 60 points but it is neither on the MODL or CSL lists.
OR
With ACS, you can show Inter networking/ firewall experience and claim 60 Point and CSL MODL 15 points.

I would personally recommend you to go with ACS. You would need 4-6 years of experience though.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Thanks alot India & Anj...

Guys....Do you recommend any TRUSTED immigration agent who can help me in the process through ACS. (Specially document preparation)...

Thanks & Regards,
Sika

Sika,

You can choose to Fill ACS assessment form by yourself or through any MARA registered agent.

I applied by myself and got all the help i needed through discussions on this forum. If you search this forum for ACS, you would get a lot of information with sample experience letters etc. or you can choose to take help from professional agency.

all depends on u.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
we are using akmigration, there is SOMV (sortoutmyvisa), george lombard and few others that have been discussed in the forum..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If i'm applying for ACS, and am BSc of Engineering plus IT professional, so i need to complete the RPL (including CBOK)? If yes, shall the RPL in the below format?

RPL REPORT AS PER THE SAMPLE GIVEN
• SECTION 1: - A) GENERAL INFORMATION
B) WORK EXPERIENCE HISTORY
C) QUALIFICATION HISTORY
D) COMMUNITY INVOLVMENT IN IT
• SECTION 2: - CLAIMING SHEET OF THE CBOK ELEMENTS
• SECTION 3: - DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT CBOK ELEMENTS CLAIM MIN 11 OUT OF 14 (3 MANDATORY & CHOOSE MIN 8 OUT OF 11) – SEE ADDITIONAL SHEETS GIVEN FOR REFRENCE.
• SECTION 4: - BRIEF SUMMARY OF CONCLUSIONS

Appreciate if someone can help me to prepare sections 2,3&4.

Regards,
Sika

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Ajay. Sorry my first post was not clear.

I am Nitin.I am planning to assess my skills through A CS.Actually my skills qualify for ASC O skill 2231-79.I have 4+ years of experience in IT(dot net technology).I have few clarifications to be made.What are these statutory declarations.Its like affidavits right.My company will not give anything like experience letter.So i will have to get this declarations done.A reference letter from a colleague is also to be declaration?

Please let me know if it is feasible enough for me to apply for a PR with only dot net skills.What would be the success rate(All my submission will be genuine).And also it would be great if you can provide the requirements in common man's language.Thanks a lot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts