Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 8 years of experience primarily in application support and release engineering. Part of the responsibilities did include system administration aspects(design DR, backup and recovery, incident support for system failures, etc). Mostly like i was the person responsible to do application support and release and also maintain the virtual servers. Last 3 years i am working entirely on moving applications from hosting platforms to AWS which has aspects spanned across system engineering, networking and application support. What could be my ANZCO code. I am in a bit of fix. I have expertise in shell scripting,python and C as well.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello jerry,

Check and find a job from the below mentioned url which is closely related to your duties that you perform day today and you can opt for the same ... you can apply two different or closely related Job codes as well all it would need is the transcripts to identify the ICT Units for the job code and employer reference letter to match the responsibilities associated with the job code...

URL:
Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work...-authorities/skilled-occupations-lists/mltssl

Combined list of eligible skilled occupations
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Work...illed-occupations-lists/combined-stsol-mltssl

After referring the above you can also referr the following url for further details on the selected job code from above link...
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/7641/ANZSCO-Descriptions-2015.pdf

Note: i guess the second url consists all the job codes irrespective of whether they are available on Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) or Combined list of eligible skilled occupations (STSOL)

All the best .. let me know if you need further help on the same... this forum is awesome you should everything here itself ..all the best :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi @auspr17, thanks for the quick reply. I did go through the job codes. Just that i have had evolving skillsets. Intitially, worked as system administrator , then as a release engineer(system admin work incuded) and now as a cloud devops engineer. Its just that a few of the codes seem very similar. Devops in the cloud space is in demand skillset but the SOL or CSOL do not really talk about it hence the confusion. I was wondering if there is anyone in the form who got ACS cleared as a devops engineer and which ANZCO code did he apply for.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There should be people with the criteria that you are look for .. iam also trying to find people who have the acs cleared for ICT BA.. i have been dropping messages here and there in different threads but iam yet to get an reply from somebody who can review and also share the R&R for my reference only... let me know if you know somebody with ICT BA ACS positive results .. and what code is that you are planning yto apply .. so that i can check if i can find somebody to help you out .. thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
You need to match you responsibilities to the Job code if any closest is available in the short term or medium or long term skills list .. as i said they check the letter from HR which speaks about the responsibilities ... your degree subjects for ACS evaluation .. if you have a branch and you are working in the same field then they will count it as ICT Major and provide the time you can consider for your experience ...if they find that your degree has some subjects related to the job code and responsibilities then they would consider the ICT Minor and deduct 4 to 6 years of experience and they might ask you to provide the RPL is the degree is not at all related to job you are doing ...

refer this url below:
https://more.acs.org.au/__data/asse...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

Text from the link ...
Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Major
 If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is closely related to your nominated
occupation, you will require 2 years relevant work experience completed within the past 10
years or 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history
(whichever provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.
 If your degree is assessed as having an ICT major which is NOT closely related to your
nominated occupation, you will require 4 years relevant work experience completed anytime in
your past work history to meet the suitability criteria.
Bachelor Degree or Higher with an ICT Minor
 If your degree is assessed as having an ICT minor which is closely related to your nominated
occupation, you will require 5 years relevant work experience completed in the past 10 years
or 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in your past work history (whichever
provides the earliest skill date) to meet the suitability criteria.
 If your degree is assessed as having an ICT minor which is NOT closely related to your
nominated occupation, you will require 6 years relevant work experience completed anytime in
your past work history to meet the suitability criteria.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There should be people with the criteria that you are look for .. iam also trying to find people who have the acs cleared for ICT BA.. i have been dropping messages here and there in different threads but iam yet to get an reply from somebody who can review and also share the R&R for my reference only... let me know if you know somebody with ICT BA ACS positive results .. and what code is that you are planning yto apply .. so that i can check if i can find somebody to help you out .. thanks
I was thinking system administrator or analyst programmer. But unsure how ACS will evaluate :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi jerrybnglr

Did you manage to find the relevant ANZSCO code for your requirement?

I'm also having some problem choosing the correct ANZSCO code for my work experience. I'm a Systems Engineer doing devops, release engineering, and software engineering.

Please share some information if you have gone through the ACS skills assessment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Niroshan

Have you applied for ACS yet. If so, could you share the information regarding the job code that you used? I have a simlar profile in devops and I am confused as to what job code to use for the application. Any other information would also be appreciated...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts