Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for ACS skill assessment. I have got all the experience letters.

One of my employers experience letter does not state full time/part time information. They say that they only provide letters for full time employees. Do you guys think that I should go ahead and apply for skill assessment without the Hours worked information? Are there any alternatives that I should go through?

Quick response is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jayadev

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hi All,

I am planning to apply for ACS skill assessment. I have got all the experience letters.

One of my employers experience letter does not state full time/part time information. They say that they only provide letters for full time employees. Do you guys think that I should go ahead and apply for skill assessment without the Hours worked information? Are there any alternatives that I should go through?

Thanks,
Jayadev
Hii Jaydev,

Has the employer mentioned in detail your Roles and Responsibility and duties??
Or is it like a Standard experience letter stating your Designation and the employment duration??

Regards
RK

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hii Jaydev,

Has the employer mentioned in detail your Roles and Responsibility and duties??
Or is it like a Standard experience letter stating your Designation and the employment duration??

Regards
RK
Hi RK,

The experience letter is in the format which ACS skill assessment had mentioned, with Start date, End date, Duties/Responsibilities, Designation. Every thing is detailed, but no hours worked info.

Thanks,
Jayadev

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hi RK,

The experience letter is in the format which ACS skill assessment had mentioned, with Start date, End date, Duties/Responsibilities, Designation. Every thing is detailed, but no hours worked info.

Thanks,
Jayadev

Then it should not be a Problem..

You have two options:
1. Speak to your employer again and request them to add Full Time word in the letter.
If that's not possible then submit to the ACS. Usually they don't reject application straight away. They again come back to you and ask for more information.
In case they are satisfied with the letter they will not even come back to you and give you the result..

BTW how many years of experience does this letter carry??
All the Best..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then it should not be a Problem..

You have two options:
1. Speak to your employer again and request them to add Full Time word in the letter.
If that's not possible then submit to the ACS. Usually they don't reject application straight away. They again come back to you and ask for more information.
In case they are satisfied with the letter they will not even come back to you and give you the result..

BTW how many years of experience does this letter carry??
All the Best..
Thanks RK, I'll try reaching out to the HR, this letter accounts for 5years of experience. That's why I am being extra cautious.

Thanks!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi All,

Thanks,
Jayadev
ACS specifically require applicant to get experience letter with "No of hours" mentioned. Check this out ... See Page 9 & 10

http://www.acs.org.au/__data/assets...-Guidelines-for-Applicants-1-July-2012-V1.pdf

They may not consider it, with this info missing. Your other option is to get a letter from a colleague. If you search this forum, you may even get some sample letters.

Hope it helps .... :)

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Thanks for your help guys, I took the first option and went back to the HR and got it reissued!

Great!!! So now you can proceed with ACS without any doubts/apprehension in your mind...

All the Best!!

Regards
RK

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hi

I am in doubt about assessing code System Admin, I am self employee my own company of manufacturing of turbine motor parts. My company is ISO registered in smal base.

Can I show and mentioned duties in my own company??

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.