Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I am 3-4 days ahead of receiving my ACS skill assessment result letter. I applied on 5-Dec-09 for 2231-79 claiming MODL status in JAVA. Hopefully I will get a positive result what I wanted.

With the recent changes, I need more inside…rather..some educated guess or guts feeling feedback from senior members.

Please clarify the following situation for me.

1. MODL is not there from 8-Feb in DIAC process, But I assume I will get old way of assessment from ACS if I had successful in MODL criteria ? In other words, as for as ACS is concerned, removal of MODL is not an issue for my assessment.

2. To lodge175 visa application for DIAC, Obviously now I need IELTS 7, in order to score 120 point threshold. If I can get through that hurdle, will I be getting the priority processing? I referred the changes, but couldn’t find such details explaining what happens for new applications making during the transition period (End Feb – Mid June)

3. If I apply by end of Feb, what is the risk involved? I read "new SOL will be released by April 2010, and will be effective from June 2010", So Will I have impact on the new SOL. If such, what are the chances of my occupation (Computing - Java) get out of that list ?

4. Also for proposed point test reviews, to be implemented by June. Would it have impact on my application?. DIAC gives different explanations, about the point calculation time. One place it says “At the time of lodging”, but during the online application stage “it warns about possible changes of points when the application is processed”. So very confused what will happen there?

5. The next question is not directly related to my case. But in general would be applicable for applicants applying now (After Feb 8) for ACS. Can they claim MODL status? If not how they can come under CSL in during visa process to be in high priority queue? In my understanding, the CSL list getting Computer Professional from the MODL list.

For Questions 3 & 4, I optimistic to think, if I can get the priority processing, then my case will be finalized before the new SOL or Point-Test getting effective by later part of 2010. Isn’t it a safe assumption? :confused2:

Please give your feedabck...!

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Halpita...did u get the register post no?

even im concerned abt the same questions... :(

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Registerd Post Number appeared today in the tracking window.
Any idea, how many days it will take to deliver to Sri Lanka ?

Experts, Please give your feedabck for my orignal questions.
Appreciate it in advance !

thx

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI Halpita,
it should take about a week (5-10 working days) fr the letter to reach u. make sure someone is home to receive the document

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have you taken the IELTS? you need to get min 7 in each module to get into priority process.
MODL list is still active which is used in CSL, they have removed only the MODL points. So it is very important to get CSL in your ACS letter. Without IELTS result in hand you can't apply for visa, doing so will lead to application rejection.

If you have IELTS result, get all the other letters scanned, if they are not in color get the true copy of the same. DPI 90 or more is ok. File size less then 1MB. Allowed upto 60 files.
Make a checklist, attached is a template.

Fill in the visa application, when you apply online your application will be populated based on your answers. Once you creditcard is charged you will get a login where you will have 28days to upload the files. You will also find your 26EH and 160EH in your evisa account, take a printout of the same and get the medial done.

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
i posted the query and got the ans.
it takes 5 business days for mail and 3 weeks to get the post...even my status was updated today...

·
Registered
881 Posts
Avinash,
Where it is mentioned that IELTS 7 in each module will be priority processed??? :confused: Only points awarded will be more.
Pls tell me that pass mark for relive sponsored subclass 176 is still 100 or they have increased to 120 (bcos it is not state sponsored)????

Have you taken the IELTS? you need to get min 7 in each module to get into priority process.
MODL list is still active which is used in CSL, they have removed only the MODL points. So it is very important to get CSL in your ACS letter. Without IELTS result in hand you can't apply for visa, doing so will lead to application rejection.

If you have IELTS result, get all the other letters scanned, if they are not in color get the true copy of the same. DPI 90 or more is ok. File size less then 1MB. Allowed upto 60 files.
Make a checklist, attached is a template.

Fill in the visa application, when you apply online your application will be populated based on your answers. Once you creditcard is charged you will get a login where you will have 28days to upload the files. You will also find your 26EH and 160EH in your evisa account, take a printout of the same and get the medial done.

·
Registered
134 Posts
wat is the needed points for 175 and 176 now? :(

·
Registered
323 Posts
1) As for as ACS is concerned, your letter should have MODL and CSL, else it is -ev.
2) Get 7 in each module, don't worry about anything else.
3) New SOL will come in rule from May for ACS and from July for PR.i.e anyone applying for ACS after April need to use the CODE mentioned in new SOL not MODL/CSL. It will not effect old applications.
4)"Change is constant" nor an Agent nor DIAC will guaranty you anything.
5)You should be claiming MODL status but not the points.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi again

1. I am not sure if it makes a difference that MODL is removed. Since they have not taken off CSL, I am sure you can still apply and get CSL priority.

2. The changes are effective from Feb itself except for those mentioned otherwise (like CSL and new SOl tobe introduced later in April/June respectively)

3. I suggest, apply for 175, at the same time, apply for ss, that way u are safe if u manage state sponsorship.

4. no the points are calculated at the time of the application. there are still thigns not very clear, for those its best to wait for a few days, i am sure they will take out further explanation of things that are not clear. my suggestion would be to apply at the earliest.

5. the reason they have taken off MODL is becuase of the point system (this is my understanding) yes all on MODL fr IT pros are in CSL as well but remember they have removed the MODL and not CSL, which means those on the then MODL are still on CSL.

Yes be positive, it always helps being positive. go ahead and apply, if you are stuck somewehre, i am sure something can be figured out to get u out of the situation.

cheers
anj

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hello UKV,
for 175 it is 120 and for 176 it is 100.
I am worried bcos when ppl talk of 176 they consider sponsorship by state only........ WHAT ABT SPONSORSHIP BY RELATIVE WHO IS AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN?????? :(

wat is the needed points for 175 and 176 now? :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hii ..

i got the acs.Planning to apply. I got IELTS overall 7(7,7,6.5,6.5).

Is it manadatory to get 7 in each module to score 25? or overall 7 is enuf?

also im planning to apply for SS and 175 . which one needs to be done first? 175 and next day SS? (or vice versa?)

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
Avinash,
Where it is mentioned that IELTS 7 in each module will be priority processed??? :confused: Only points awarded will be more.
Pls tell me that pass mark for relive sponsored subclass 176 is still 100 or they have increased to 120 (bcos it is not state sponsored)????
I am under the assumption that his application is normal one. Now that MODL point are removed, if he get 7 in all module he should be able to make it to priority process if his total points crosses 120.

so 120 points + CSL will get priority process.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for everyone with your feedback. Yes I should apply... it is always good to be positive . :confused2:

Just checked the ACS site, now they confirm the continuty of evaluation of MODL status. Check the link below.

https://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=show&conID=skillassessment

"The Australian Computer Society (ACS) will continue to make MODL determinations for offshore applicants."

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello UKV,
for 175 it is 120 and for 176 it is 100.
I am worried bcos when ppl talk of 176 they consider sponsorship by state only........ WHAT ABT SPONSORSHIP BY RELATIVE WHO IS AUSTRALIAN CITIZEN?????? :(
176 is 100 coz if you get SS then you get points for SS, which will make your final point tally more than 120.

·
Registered
134 Posts
thanks for the quick replies....

i got the acs.Planning to apply. I got IELTS overall 7(7,7,6.5,6.5).

Is it manadatory to get 7 in each module to score 25? or overall 7 is enuf?

also im planning to apply for SS and 175 . which one needs to be done first? 175 and next day SS? (or vice versa?)

Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Avinash,
Is relative sponsored visa 176 still has 100 points???

I am under the assumption that his application is normal one. Now that MODL point are removed, if he get 7 in all module he should be able to make it to priority process if his total points crosses 120.

so 120 points + CSL will get priority process.

·
Registered
323 Posts
176 is 100 coz if you get SS then you get points for SS, which will make your final point tally more than 120.

Sorry I misunderstood SS, it is just 100 points after all the put together. for SS you will get 10 points.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Avinash,
Is relative sponsored visa 176 still has 100 points???
Yes both SS and relative sponsored 176 is 100 points.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts