Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am filling up my ACS form under 261313 code.

While filling up the ACS form and uploading the documents, Its mentioned that we need to have separate entries for experience in different countries. Out of 7 years (2004 - 2011) I spent in the last organization, I was on US Payroll for one year (2008 - 2009) and was in India for the remaining period.

The Statutory document that I have received from my senior colleague mentions that I worked for these 7 years (2004 - 2011) in this company, was on India payroll from 2004 - 2008 and 2009 - 2011, and was on US payroll from 2008 - 2009.

Can the same SD document be attached for both the experiences if we have to do two entries

OR

shall I do only one entry?

The experience letter that I got while leaving this company in 2011 mentions that I was employed with them from 2004 - 2011 with no distinction mentioning that I was in US for one year.

Please advise.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi, I would say split it country wise. But the R and R you had got for the whole tenure is enough ( but you need to mention the split of the country there as well. I had a similar issue and I did the same.

But experts/seniors pls comment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, I would say split it country wise. But the R and R you had got for the whole tenure is enough ( but you need to mention the split of the country there as well. I had a similar issue and I did the same.

But experts/seniors pls comment.
Thanks for your response. So this will mean I will have 3 entries for my experience with this company

2004 - 2008 (India)
2008 - 2009 (US)
2009 - 2011 (India)

All having the same SD / reference letter.

Is this understanding correct?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your response. So this will mean I will have 3 entries for my experience with this company

2004 - 2008 (India)
2008 - 2009 (US)
2009 - 2011 (India)

All having the same SD / reference letter.

Is this understanding correct?
Can some expert please help on this query?

Many thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts

Many thanks
Yes. But suggest you to incude the month as well.

Say : Jan 2010 - Aug 2010 - Country A
etc.

This is what I did and I got ACS approval.

But please double check with someone else. Just to be more confident.

Seniors, please help here.

·
Registered
23,921 Posts
I am filling up my ACS form under 261313 code.

While filling up the ACS form and uploading the documents, Its mentioned that we need to have separate entries for experience in different countries. Out of 7 years (2004 - 2011) I spent in the last organization, I was on US Payroll for one year (2008 - 2009) and was in India for the remaining period.

The Statutory document that I have received from my senior colleague mentions that I worked for these 7 years (2004 - 2011) in this company, was on India payroll from 2004 - 2008 and 2009 - 2011, and was on US payroll from 2008 - 2009.

Can the same SD document be attached for both the experiences if we have to do two entries

OR

shall I do only one entry?

The experience letter that I got while leaving this company in 2011 mentions that I was employed with them from 2004 - 2011 with no distinction mentioning that I was in US for one year.

Please advise.
There will be 3 entries

Give exact dates for USA stint based on your passport entry and exit stamps if not reflected in your payslips or deputation letter

1. India
2. USA
3. India

Same SD and experience letter will be attached in all the 3 episodes

Cheers

·
Registered
458 Posts

Many thanks
Make multiple entries. Use same SD for multiple entry, since you have the same document for all. Nothing wrong in that.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Friends,

There is an additional complexity in my case on which I need your guidance.

I had multiple designations in same organization:
- April, 2004 to June, 2006 in India location was Software engineer
- July, 2006 to March, 2008 it was Senior Software engineer in India
- April,2008 to March 2009, my designation was Project Leader in USA location
- April 2010 to March 2011, the designation was Manager- Application development in India.

In SD given by my senior colleague, only the last designation is mentioned which is Manager -Application development for the complete employment period 2004-2011.

While creating three different entries, should i mention different designations or same designation as Manager-Application development ?
I have two experience letters without roles and responsibilities mentioned on company letterhead:
1) Experience letter which I got at the time of leaving the organization covering the complete period of my employment from 2004 to 2011. This letter shows my last designation as Manager -Application development.
2) Experience letter for my employment in USA which shows my designation as Project Leader.

Should I attach experience letter from USA ?

Thanks in advance for your help !

·
Registered
23,921 Posts
Thanks Friends,

There is an additional complexity in my case on which I need your guidance.

I had multiple designations in same organization:
- April, 2004 to June, 2006 in India location was Software engineer
- July, 2006 to March, 2008 it was Senior Software engineer in India
- April,2008 to March 2009, my designation was Project Leader in USA location
- April 2010 to March 2011, the designation was Manager- Application development in India.

In SD given by my senior colleague, only the last designation is mentioned which is Manager -Application development for the complete employment period 2004-2011.

While creating three different entries, should i mention different designations or same designation as Manager-Application development ?
I have two experience letters without roles and responsibilities mentioned on company letterhead:
1) Experience letter which I got at the time of leaving the organization covering the complete period of my employment from 2004 to 2011. This letter shows my last designation as Manager -Application development.
2) Experience letter for my employment in USA which shows my designation as Project Leader.

Should I attach experience letter from USA ?

Thanks in advance for your help !
If possible get the SD changed to reflect the various designation you had in the organisation .
The SD is defective and may land you in trouble later on
Also make sure that no 2 designation or 2 locations are merged in the time periods shown in the SD
Split as many times as necessary

The experience letter will generally show only the last designation so that is not a problem

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts