Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Friends,
I am new to expatforum and tried to find the answers in various threads, but could not exactly get it, and so requesting you the same below. Please do advise.

I have a degree in 'Bachelor of computer applications' from India and I have 4 years and 8 months of experience as a software engineer.

Can one of you please advise that if I submit a request to ACS today, will the following be true. Thanks Very Much in advance for your answers -

1. I will be eligible for the whole 4 years and 8 months as valid experience from ACS and they will not cut any of my experience in their approval (since my experience is Software engineering and my degree is also related to the same)

2. Though ACS may take 3 months for coming with their approval, can I still apply for immigration after 5 months or so with the points taken for 5 years experience (10 points) though ACS would have approved it only for 4 years and 8 months. I did not want to wait for another 4 months to apply for ACS if it would be ok that I can get the 10 points if I apply for immigration after 4 months (after obtaining the ACS approval) when I will actually be having the 5 years experience.

3. I have the documents ready for applying with ACS with my HR mentioning my duties in the company letter head with my years of service, salary, location, and his contact. Hope this one letter would suffice for ACS to give the required approval.

Thanks again for all your answers.
It will be of great help...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Please find below my answers in red. All the best.

Dear Friends,
I am new to expatforum and tried to find the answers in various threads, but could not exactly get it, and so requesting you the same below. Please do advise.

I have a degree in 'Bachelor of computer applications' from India and I have 4 years and 8 months of experience as a software engineer.

Can one of you please advise that if I submit a request to ACS today, will the following be true. Thanks Very Much in advance for your answers -

1. I will be eligible for the whole 4 years and 8 months as valid experience from ACS and they will not cut any of my experience in their approval (since my experience is Software engineering and my degree is also related to the same)
ACS will deduct first 2 years and assess that as normal work experience. The remaining 2 years 8 months will be considered as skilled employment and can be used to claim points. But in this case you can't as it is less than 3 years for 5 points. However your degree could be assessed as AQF degree level and you could get 15 points for qualification.

2. Though ACS may take 3 months for coming with their approval, can I still apply for immigration after 5 months or so with the points taken for 5 years experience (10 points) though ACS would have approved it only for 4 years and 8 months. I did not want to wait for another 4 months to apply for ACS if it would be ok that I can get the 10 points if I apply for immigration after 4 months (after obtaining the ACS approval) when I will actually be having the 5 years experience.
Currently the trend is such that ACS is completing assessments mostly within a month. So you really don't need to wait till 3 months. You need to first submit EOI before getting invite to apply. And in EOI you MUST declare work experience as assessed by ACS. Else you could wait till you complete 5 years of experience, and then apply to ACS, submit EOI and eventually, post invite, apply for visa with 5 points for experience.

3. I have the documents ready for applying with ACS with my HR mentioning my duties in the company letter head with my years of service, salary, location, and his contact. Hope this one letter would suffice for ACS to give the required approval.
This letter is the only major document required.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Friends,

1. When I am designing the statutory declaration from HR , Should I give the below mentioned heading for the statutory declaration form .

Commonwealth of Australia
STATUTORY DECLARATION
Statutory Declarations Act 1959

·
Registered
973 Posts
Follow the statuatory declaration format of the country where the stat declaration is being made.
if in india you don't have to put the above.

Get the stat declaration made on a 50 Rs stamp paper and get it signed by your senior/colleague and get it notorised.
remember to put all the relevant things like permanent employee of Company and working hours and other things.
Then get it signed by notary along with stamp mentioning signed before me....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ACS Evaluation - HR Document

Dear Batcoder and Sukesh,
Thanks Very Much for your quick replies.

I am a little confused now with the HR document to be in the company letter head or should it be on a stamp paper. After reading further, what I understood now is that if the HR is providing the experience letter with my duties, salary, location etc, then there is no need of any statutory declaration nor notary nor the stamp paper.

My understanding now is that, just the letter from the HR with his contact on the company letter head with the company seal should suffice to submit the application to ACS. Can someone please confirm/correct my current understanding.

Thanks Very Much in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Dear Batcoder and Sukesh,
Thanks Very Much for your quick replies.

I am a little confused now with the HR document to be in the company letter head or should it be on a stamp paper. After reading further, what I understood now is that if the HR is providing the experience letter with my duties, salary, location etc, then there is no need of any statutory declaration nor notary nor the stamp paper.

My understanding now is that, just the letter from the HR with his contact on the company letter head with the company seal should suffice to submit the application to ACS. Can someone please confirm/correct my current understanding.

Thanks Very Much in advance for your answers.
That's correct. A letter from HR on company letter head with contact details should suffice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts