Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends,

I am in the process of submission of my skills assessment application with ACS. However, I have got stuck at one point. Now the application asks that I must create one entry for each location I have worked with the same employer.:confused:

I have worked with same employer in India for the last 10 years which included two projects in Canada i.e. in 2014 and 2016. I am now back with the same employer in India.
How many employment entries should I make in the application?:confused: Should I split the 10 yrs in 5 parts as follows: India (2007-2014), Canada(2014), India(2014-2016), Canada (2016-2017), India (2017 onwards) OR
should I just create 3 entries as follows: India (2007 to 2017), Canada (2014), Canada (2016-2017).

I have got HR reference letter on company letter head for full 10 yrs of my employment that states these onsite employments with start/finish dates as well along with my roles/responsibilities for the 10 yrs of my employment. So should I upload the same letter only for each employment entry that I make in the application?

Also, one more thing, should I also create separate entries for all the designations I held while working at the same location (that is, when I got promoted) or just one entry with the last held position at that location?
Please help !!!!:pray2:

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hello friends,

I am in the process of submission of my skills assessment application with ACS. However, I have got stuck at one point. Now the application asks that I must create one entry for each location I have worked with the same employer.:confused:

I have worked with same employer in India for the last 10 years which included two projects in Canada i.e. in 2014 and 2016. I am now back with the same employer in India.
How many employment entries should I make in the application?:confused: Should I split the 10 yrs in 5 parts as follows: India (2007-2014), Canada(2014), India(2014-2016), Canada (2016-2017), India (2017 onwards) OR
should I just create 3 entries as follows: India (2007 to 2017), Canada (2014), Canada (2016-2017).

I have got HR reference letter on company letter head for full 10 yrs of my employment that states these onsite employments with start/finish dates as well along with my roles/responsibilities for the 10 yrs of my employment. So should I upload the same letter only for each employment entry that I make in the application?

Also, one more thing, should I also create separate entries for all the designations I held while working at the same location (that is, when I got promoted) or just one entry with the last held position at that location?
Please help !!!!:pray2:
Hi

If its easy for you to get the letter again then mention your time with employer as "From - To" at India. In the details you can mention the duration(S) you spent in Canada with the same employer.
Also, you can detail the designations held. Keep the most recent on Top. If the HR doesn't agree to add all the designations then not much worry. You can attach the promotion letters highlighting these designation changes.

Use the template on DIBP website and include all mandatory fields like employer name, address, contact, location, employment duration, full/part time etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

If its easy for you to get the letter again then mention your time with employer as "From - To" at India. In the details you can mention the duration(S) you spent in Canada with the same employer.
Also, you can detail the designations held. Keep the most recent on Top. If the HR doesn't agree to add all the designations then not much worry. You can attach the promotion letters highlighting these designation changes.

Use the template on DIBP website and include all mandatory fields like employer name, address, contact, location, employment duration, full/part time etc.
Thanks for prompt reply. I dont think I will get the letter reissued from HR. However, I have the promotion emails and offer letters and payslips to justify the location and designation changes. But if I create separate entries for each designation change (even including the changes at the same location), that will mean a lot of entries for me..7 in total:SE(India), SSE(India), TL(India), SE (Canada), TL(India), SE(Canada), STL(India).

Is this what you suggest?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Thanks for prompt reply. I dont think I will get the letter reissued from HR. However, I have the promotion emails and offer letters and payslips to justify the location and designation changes. But if I create separate entries for each designation change (even including the changes at the same location), that will mean a lot of entries for me..7 in total:SE(India), SSE(India), TL(India), SE (Canada), TL(India), SE(Canada), STL(India).

Is this what you suggest?
I'll tell you my case. I went thru 2 designation changes in my company and HR wasn't ready to add all those in the letter. He just mentioned my latest designation and didn't add any details with multiple designations.

I attached my promotion letters while submitting to ACS. There was no issue and no questions asked. Whole employment was marked relevant by ACS.

The main stress on RnR letter should be describing your roles and responsibilities.
If you want to explain i would suggest you to write one affidavit (detailing your work location split, and designation changes) and upload along with RnR letter while submitting to ACS.

Include all mandatory fields in the RnR letter issued by HR as per sample on DIBP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts