Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

I really need experts suggestions on my scenario.

I requested my company for referral document in letter head and they provided a one which consitis my roles at Detailed level signed by one of HR manager, say XX on 11- Nov.

But immedeate next day they sent another document with high level roles mentioned and signed by another HR- Manager, say YY on 12-Nov and they stricked out the previous document given by XX.

And I submitted YY document to ACS on 15- Nov, but they sent a mail asking detailed roles on letter head. I went back to my employer for detailed roles but they are deneying to provide such one stating it is not their companies policy. (Even they started not answering my calls :( and not replying to mail also- it means I am not able to negotiate with my employer).

By this, I decided to provide ACS by XX document. My doubt are:

1. XX document given on 11-Nov which is one day before than which I already submitted to ACS. Will they get any doubts on this or any other problems.

2. I am planning to submit the same documen to DIAC as well. So will there be any issues when ACS and DIAC do background verification on my letters ? I have all the other documents like offer letter, pay slip etc. Will they show my this letter to my company and verify it ?

To add, I cannot get statutory declaration from any of my company because I worked in Singapore and my employer is a consultant and we didnt even visit our office once, we dont have email id's indeed. But my colleagues are still working under same company in client location.

Please help me to handle this situation. Experts please help !

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hi Greet,

Why are you trying to complicate the matter. As you have already submitted letter with high level roles and responsibilities, you can submit now a stautary declaration (employee reference) letter from your colleague (senior in designation) showing detailed roles and responsibilities. You can mention to ACS that your employer can't provide these details on company letter head (as per policy).

Regards,
Hitesh

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for reply Ritesh,

As I mentioned, we dont have any email id's to mention in SD, so how can i prove that he is working in my company and my senior colleague?

Still, if you say i can provide a personal email id is sufficient, then can I get notarised that document in India ? because the company I worked was in Singapore, but the company branches exists in India also.

Please help !

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks for reply Ritesh,

As I mentioned, we dont have any email id's to mention in SD, so how can i prove that he is working in my company and my senior colleague?

Still, if you say i can provide a personal email id is sufficient, then can I get notarised that document in India ? because the company I worked was in Singapore, but the company branches exists in India also.

Please help !
I think there is no need to mention email id in the SD. I have not mentioned the mail id of my managers in the SD and I got a positive assessment. The only thing you need is his signature. All the best. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Raghu,

Thanks for reply !!

Can you please tell me what are the details we need to mention about my colleague apart from signature?

Thanks !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Raghu,

Thanks for reply !!

Can you please tell me what are the details we need to mention about my colleague apart from signature?

Thanks !
Can some one clarify, can I give my senior colleague India number, designation details and company singapore address. This is all I have . Is this sufficient ?

Please help !

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can some one clarify, can I give my senior colleague India number, designation details and company singapore address. This is all I have . Is this sufficient ?

Please help !
Only his name/signature at the bottom along with email-id is sufficient. You can also attach scanned copy of his visiting card (up to you).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks Hitesh,

I just checked with senior colleague but he is not willing to provide reference. My other option is by giving reference from my senior colleague who left the company post I left the company.

1.In this case, I can provide my colleague full name, designation, India contact number and personal email id.
2. Can I notarise in India. Because the company is in Singapore.

Are these details good enough?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thanks Hitesh,

I just checked with senior colleague but he is not willing to provide reference. My other option is by giving reference from my senior colleague who left the company post I left the company.

1.In this case, I can provide my colleague full name, designation, India contact number and personal email id.
2. Can I notarise in India. Because the company is in Singapore.

Are these details good enough?
1) As per my knowledge, the reference person should be working in the same company. So you cannot add your ex-colleague. I would suggest you to check with any other colleague currently working in your company.

2) Need for Notarisation is the assurance for the ACS that the details/documents given by you are true/original but not fake. So, if you can show the orig docs to the advocate and he signs, then it is a valid notary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts