Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am in the process of getting the employee reference letters from my current and previous organizations

Mu current organization and manager are not willing to give the letter since I am still an employee here. I have approached one of my former managers (from my current organization) and he is willing to give me a statutory declaration for my current employment. However, he had quit the organization about a couple of years back

My question is ... will it be acceptable for ACS if I get a statutory declaration from this person (current organization -->former manager who is no longer with the company) or does the declaration need to be provided by someone who is still working here

Regards

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
Hi

I am in the process of getting the employee reference letters from my current and previous organizations

Mu current organization and manager are not willing to give the letter since I am still an employee here. I have approached one of my former managers (from my current organization) and he is willing to give me a statutory declaration for my current employment. However, he had quit the organization about a couple of years back

My question is ... will it be acceptable for ACS if I get a statutory declaration from this person (current organization -->former manager who is no longer with the company) or does the declaration need to be provided by someone who is still working here

Regards
He can give the SD only upto the period that he was working in the company and was your manager, even if he has left the company

He cannot obviously know your RNR or interact with you regularly once he has left the company, so any period after that you have to get the same from an existing manager, supervisor and if all fails a colleague

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

Thanks for your response

So does this mean that if I work with 3 different managers over a period of 3 years in a single organization then I need to get the SD from all 3 of them or can one person endorse it for the entire period ???

Regards

He can give the SD only upto the period that he was working in the company and was your manager, even if he has left the company

He cannot obviously know your RNR or interact with you regularly once he has left the company, so any period after that you have to get the same from an existing manager, supervisor and if all fails a colleague

Cheers

·
Registered
208 Posts
You can get it from a senior or same level colleague who has joined bfr u and still working with u.

I did the same for my current employment - no issues in ACS and visa granted.

·
Registered
23,840 Posts
Hi

Thanks for your response

So does this mean that if I work with 3 different managers over a period of 3 years in a single organization then I need to get the SD from all 3 of them or can one person endorse it for the entire period ???

Regards
As long as the manager is still working in the same company as yours, it is quite possible that he has knowledge about RNR even if you are not working under him directly
So he can issue for the entire period

In the previous post you mentioned that the manager has already left the company so that is not acceptable for the period after the period he has left

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot. I was just trying to get both the aspects addressed
Your response is very helpful. Thanks once again

Cheers

As long as the manager is still working in the same company as yours, it is quite possible that he has knowledge about RNR even if you are not working under him directly
So he can issue for the entire period

In the previous post you mentioned that the manager has already left the company so that is not acceptable for the period after the period he has left

Cheers

·
Registered
17 Posts
Name and designation of signatory

Hello,

Bit related query - one of my previous company's reference letter doesn't have name and designation of the HR person who have signed the document. That company never issues any ref letter with name and designation of the signatory. Will that be considered valid for ACS skill assessment? I just want to be very sure that the experience is considered, else I might lose points.

Thanks - Mohit

·
Registered
11 Posts
ACS letter from current Organisation

I just a new company just a week ago, is it Ok if I include my current roles and responsibilities also or should I need to restrict with previous employer only( Earlier employers will provide employment reference). So my last employer will provide the last date as 30 July. Please suggest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts