Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have few questions on submitting documents to ACS, I have 3.8 years of experience as database administrator and i have completed bachelors in Electronics and Communication.

Education: Electronics and Communication
Designation: Database Administrator
ANZSCO code : 262111

As i know i have to submit - Correct if am wrong

1) Personal document - Passport
2) Educational Documents
a) 10 th Class
b) 12th
c) All Degree certificates UG & PG (In the form of Transcripts - Degree,PC,CMM,Marksheets)
3) Work Documents : Certified copy of your work references on company letterhead
OR
Third party Statutory Declarations

In this 3rd Work documents only i have few questions

1 ) Is it necessary to notarize or submit statutory declaration from the previous employer if i have termination letter/Payslip ?
2) Do i need to get a fresh copy of work reference from previous employer on company letter head or termination letter with start and end date mentioned is accepted?
3) If i am not doing the above procedure, Where and how can i follow the procedure to notarize and with whom i need to sign Manager/HR of the previous company?
4) This is my third company how can i get a letter head with end date to submit it to ACS?
5) If i wait 4 months to complete my experience will ACS consider my experience.
6) How many years does ACS result is valid?
7) According to work my roles and responsibilities and designation given in the termination letter are as follows
1st company : Trainee Software Engineer
2nd Company : Jr. Database Administrator
3rd Company : Database Administrator
Will ACS consider my 1st company Experience?

8) I got 60 points as eligibility is it good to start the process? Any Suggestion please.

·
Registered
160 Posts
1 ) Is it necessary to notarize or submit statutory declaration from the previous employer if i have termination letter/Payslip ?
If you are submitting a SD, just add some complimentary employment proof with the same. Eg - Experience letter for previous employer, Employment Proof letter for current Employer
2) Do i need to get a fresh copy of work reference from previous employer on company letter head or termination letter with start and end date mentioned is accepted?
No. The old one will do. But you will need to get it notarized
3) If i am not doing the above procedure, Where and how can i follow the procedure to notarize and with whom i need to sign Manager/HR of the previous company?
Didn't get what you are trying to ask here
4) This is my third company how can i get a letter head with end date to submit it to ACS?
No end date required. Get something like - working from this date to till date
5) If i wait 4 months to complete my experience will ACS consider my experience.
Like you have mentioned your degree is in ECE, So 4 years will be deducted from your experience. You won't be getting any points for experience be it now or 4 months down the line.
2 years I guess
7) According to work my roles and responsibilities and designation given in the termination letter are as follows
ACS takes into consideration the roles and responsibilities mentioned in the letter. Designation doesn't matter much

8) I got 60 points as eligibility is it good to start the process? Any Suggestion please.
You will not get invite at 60. Try to increase your points by getting 20 score in language.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are submitting a SD, just add some complimentary employment proof with the same. Eg - Experience letter for previous employer, Employment Proof letter for current Employer
No. The old one will do. But you will need to get it notarized
Didn't get what you are trying to ask here
No end date required. Get something like - working from this date to till date
Like you have mentioned your degree is in ECE, So 4 years will be deducted from your experience. You won't be getting any points for experience be it now or 4 months down the line.
2 years I guess
ACS takes into consideration the roles and responsibilities mentioned in the letter. Designation doesn't matter much

You will not get invite at 60. Try to increase your points by getting 20 score in language.
Thanks @prateekjain1988

3rd Question is If i don't follow what i have mentioned in Q1 and Q2, Do i need to notarize documents of my previous employment by the help of previous employer or I only need to notarize and get it signed by the previous employer HR/Manager/Lawyer for witness sign?

Did you get it now?

In the 5th Question you said If i have 4 years also will not be considered what if i wait for another year like if i get 5 years will it be considered?

Is Statutory declaration (SD) and Notarization same or different?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks @prateekjain1988

3rd Question is If i don't follow what i have mentioned in Q1 and Q2, Do i need to notarize documents of my previous employment by the help of previous employer or I only need to notarize and get it signed by the previous employer HR/Manager/Lawyer for witness sign?

Did you get it now?

If you get your previous employment RnRs on the company letter head then no notary is required. However, if you plan to get SDs done then notary is required and the person who is giving the Statutory Declaration will sign it along with the lawyer to authenticate the document.

In the 5th Question you said If i have 4 years also will not be considered what if i wait for another year like if i get 5 years will it be considered?

I'm from ECE background as well and ACS deducted 4yrs of my experience leaving me with only 3yrs and 5 months of experience after the assessment. So, even if you wait for 4 months when your overall experience turns 5, you will still not be able to claim points for experience.

Is Statutory declaration (SD) and Notarization same or different?
SD if notarised to authenticate it.

I hope this helps!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts