Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I got confused between the types of applications that ACS provides.

I have recently completed my australian Bachelors Degree (Software Engineering) and no any post-qualifications experience. But I have 5 years of PRE-qualification experience which exactly matches my recently achieved qualification.

I am aiming to apply for subclass 190.

Which one should I choose? “Post Australian study” type or “Skills” type? The “Post Australian study” type requires either 1 year of post-qualification experience or 1 year PY, both of which I don’t have. Can I therefore apply for “Skills” type with PRE-qualification even though I have an australian degree?

Is there any difference in the outcome letter in these two types that can affect my 190 application?

Thank all of you in anticipation.

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
Hello everyone,

I got confused between the types of applications that ACS provides.

I have recently completed my australian Bachelors Degree (Software Engineering) and no any post-qualifications experience. But I have 5 years of PRE-qualification experience which exactly matches my recently achieved qualification.

I am aiming to apply for subclass 190.

Which one should I choose? “Post Australian study” type or “Skills” type? The “Post Australian study” type requires either 1 year of post-qualification experience or 1 year PY, both of which I don’t have. Can I therefore apply for “Skills” type with PRE-qualification even though I have an australian degree?

Is there any difference in the outcome letter in these two types that can affect my 190 application?

Thank all of you in anticipation.
If you go through the skills route 1-2 years if your experience will be deducted
Everything else will be same
Cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts