Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my ACS results today and believe me I am totally surprised :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

My engineering degree was in EEE (from VTU, Karnataka) and I have a total of 9.3 years of work (starting from 1 July 2008). I have been with the same company since the start so I have only 2 episodes (1 for degree and 1 for work exp).

The mail I received from my CO says,

"Dear xxxxxxx,

Your qualifications have been assessed as meeting the ACS educational requirements, however we would like to provide you the opportunity to change your application type to a Recognition of Prior Learning application (RPL) in order to be awarded an earlier skilled level requirement met date.

If you would like to proceed under the current application type Skills your skilled date would be reported on as JUNE 2017

If you would like to change your application type to RPL as recommended and your RPL was successful the skilled date would be reported on as JUNE 2016

To proceed with a RPL application, please complete the following actions:

Action No: 1 - Please submit an additional payment of $200.00 AUD
Action No: 2 - Please complete an ACS Project Report Form
"

If I do not pay for RPL, I am losing 9 years and my skills are being recognized only for 3 months only... Yeah, you read it right.... Only 3 months

If I do pay for RPL, I am losing 8 years and my skills are being recognized only for 1.3 years only... Yeah, you read it right again.... Only 1.3 years

I am at a loss of words completely..... Advice required...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I have a faint idea of the problem. As I mentioned earlier, I have been with the firm from the start. So the reference letter that I got from the HR, it mentioned that I was a BA from the start (I am currently a BA now) and provided the responsibilities. Had they mentioned the intermediate 2 roles with responsibilities and then written BA as my third role, I think my ACS assessment would have been better.

Should I go back to my HR and ask for another reference letter, this time detailing all the R&R and then apply to ACS again (fresh application)? I am not even sure if they will provide such a detailed letter with different R&R.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think I have a faint idea of the problem. As I mentioned earlier, I have been with the firm from the start. So the reference letter that I got from the HR, it mentioned that I was a BA from the start (I am currently a BA now) and provided the responsibilities. Had they mentioned the intermediate 2 roles with responsibilities and then written BA as my third role, I think my ACS assessment would have been better.

Should I go back to my HR and ask for another reference letter, this time detailing all the R&R and then apply to ACS again (fresh application)? I am not even sure if they will provide such a detailed letter with different R&R.
Do you mean, 2 out of the 3 roles mentioned in your reference letter were not BA?
How long did they take for you to come back with the results? I would not re-request reference letter, don't they have a trail of past assessments?

Thanks,
Abhi
Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
-------------------------------------------------
17-Jun: PTE (primary) - L (76), R (86), S (75), W (84)
23-Jul: ACS - RPL application (primary)
28-Jul: ACS - RPL application (secondary)
17-Aug: PTE 2nd attempt (primary)
20-Aug: IELTS (secondary)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts