Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm an Electrical and Electronics graduate from Anna University, India. I've just over 4 yrs of experience with Infosys as a Software Tester. I'm planning to apply for ACS, so I wanted to know if I'm eligible for applying and get a positive result of the evaluation.

I have done the following computer related subjects during my graduation.

1.Fundamentals of Computing and Computing programming
2. Fundamentals of Computing and Computing programming lab - I
3. Fundamentals of Computing and Computing programming lab - II
4.Data Structures and Algorithms
5.Data Structures and Algorithms lab
6.Digital Logical Circuits
7.Object Oriented programming
8.Object Oriented programming lab
9.Micro Processors and micro controllers
10.Micro Processors and micro controllers lab
11.Digital Signal Processing
12.Computer Architecture
13.Digital Signal Processing Lab
14.Embedded Systems

Wanted to know if I will have a positive evaluation with respect to acs or not

Thanks,

joy.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Don't use 263213 but go with 261314 instead. 261313 Software Engineer (if your skills are a close match with this occupation) would be even better so as to be eligible for both 189 and 190; otherwise you have only 190 as the option for 261314, and state sponsorships are hard to come by these days.

As for your original question- yes, you will get a positive assessment with 4 years deduction- i.e. you won't be left with any years to claim work experience points from.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure if all the subjects mentioned by me fall under computer related.
Will i get my acs evaluated positively then also?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
All those listed by you above (which I believe are less than 50% of the overall subjects you studied) are ICT.

Yes, you will get a positive assessment but because of the lesser %age of related subject matter and your qualification too not closely related to your occupation (say 261313 or 14), your skilled work experience to claim points from will be reduced to none.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have submitted ACS in Nov 18. I'm from EEE with 4.11 years of experience and submitted for the ANZSCO code analyst programer. Replied with negative result saying I'm not suitable for the applied ANZSCO code. Required 6 years of experience.

Please input any pointers. If I can apply for any other anzsco code which eligible for the 4-5 years of experience. I could wait one more month for that if eligible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have submitted ACS in Nov 18. I'm from EEE with 4.11 years of experience and submitted for the ANZSCO code analyst programer. Replied with negative result saying I'm not suitable for the applied ANZSCO code. Required 6 years of experience.

Please input any pointers. If I can apply for any other anzsco code which eligible for the 4-5 years of experience. I could wait one more month for that if eligible.
Hi sbhavani,

Have you tried applying for review with the detailed explanation of the ICT subjects studied during your B.E/B.Tech.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm planning to review the ACS again.
Is it ok to change the roles and responsibilities and the ANZSCO code to systems engineer as my designation closely related to that. I'm confused at the moment whether to go for review by changing the occupation or not.

Does they respond positive if I review with the explanation of my subjects?

Please suggest.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have reviewed the application as I saw some posts. I reviewed back explaining my computer's subjects involved in EEE. But unfortunately result is negative. I'm totally confused, what to do.

Please some one can suggest me do I need to wait untill my 6 years got complete? Currently I'm holding 5.2 years experience in IT.

Can I resubmit the new application does it work ?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Hi All,

I'm an Electrical and Electronics graduate from Anna University, India. I've just over 4 yrs of experience with Infosys as a Software Tester. I'm planning to apply for ACS, so I wanted to know if I'm eligible for applying and get a positive result of the evaluation.

I have done the following computer related subjects during my graduation.

1.Fundamentals of Computing and Computing programming
2. Fundamentals of Computing and Computing programming lab - I
3. Fundamentals of Computing and Computing programming lab - II
4.Data Structures and Algorithms
5.Data Structures and Algorithms lab
6.Digital Logical Circuits
7.Object Oriented programming
8.Object Oriented programming lab
9.Micro Processors and micro controllers
10.Micro Processors and micro controllers lab
11.Digital Signal Processing
12.Computer Architecture
13.Digital Signal Processing Lab
14.Embedded Systems

Wanted to know if I will have a positive evaluation with respect to acs or not

Thanks,

joy.
Hi Joy,

I have seen people with Electrical Engineering background getting positive assessment and with a education equivalent to a AQF degree.

In Page 9 of the link below, it is mentioned - In all educational qualifications, 65% of the ICT content must be closely related to the nominated occupation (ANZSCO) to meet the suitability criteria.

https://www.acs.org.au/content/dam/...t Guidelines for Applicants V5-6 Aug 2018.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts