Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am from pakistan living in germany at the moment.
A few months back I got my documents attested by oath commission from islamabad. Now I am having double thoughts since its not notary public.

However, in the acs documentation there is a list of people who can attest the documents which includes a judge. The oath commissioner is also a judge, apparently the stamp says so.

The problem is that i cannot send my documents back to pakistan for notarization and here in germany they attest it from the back side of the document which is a white page :)

Question: Does the attestation by oath commission works for ACS?

thanks.

·
Registered
50 Posts
how many stamps are there on your document copy??? when i got my document attested from notary public... he used golden stamp as well along with true copy stamp

secondly... i guess scanned copies are also accepted but you need to verify this for ACS ... DIAC accept scanned color copies

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks for the reply.

1. My documents hae
one stamp which is the name and address/designation of oath commissioner. I had written with hand and signed that it was true copy of original.
another stamp saying: TRUE CERTIFIED COPY (just saw that)

2. My friend got her docs attested in USA. She also had one stamp and she wrote with her hand this true copy statement. She is now submitting her medical..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts