Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

It is my very first post and I would need help of you all understand how many points I can claim education and experience. I received my ACS assessment today with following details. I'm still working in the same role as mentioned in the last bit, but they have considered my experience only till March 2015.

For age - I can claim 30 points (as I'm under 32)
I'm trying my best to score 79+ in PTE which gets me 20 more points.

I received this report from ACS today:

Your qualifications have been assessed as follows:

Your Bachelor of Science from XXXXXXXX completed April 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing.

Your Post Graduate Diploma in Information Technology from XXXXXXXXX completed August 2012 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing.

The following employment after October 2013 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled level and relevant to XXXXX (ICT XXXXX) of the ANZSCO Code.

Dates: 09/09 - 10/10 – 1 year(s) 1 month(s)
Position: Project Manager
Employer: XXXX

Dates: 11/10 - 09/11 – 0 year(s) 11 month(s)
Position: Technical Client Website Manager
Employer: XXXXX

Dates: 10/11 - 02/12 – 0 year(s) 4 month(s)
Position: Product Owner
Employer: XXXX

Dates: 02/12 - 03/15 – 3 year(s) 0 month(s)
Position: Head Client Services
Employer: XXXXX

·
Registered
275 Posts
Any experience before Masters is not counted?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
Please provide your complete timeline from beginning of College/Work , just months,year and Dummy enough to understand better

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please provide your complete timeline from beginning of College/Work , just months,year and Dummy enough to understand better
Do I qualify for 15 points as my education has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing?

so 30 (age) + 20 (PTE) + 15 (Education) = 65

Is this how I should be calculating my points?

I'm still not clear how many points I can claim for my experience as per the given report.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Do I qualify for 15 points as my education has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing?

I'm still not clear how many points I can claim for my experience as per the given report.
As per the ACS assessment the experience is less than 3 years so Points = 0

Qualification - Yes you get 15 points.

If Age + English + Qualification = 65 happy days you can apply for PR.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
458 Posts

You answered your own question, since your education has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing, you get 15 points. I was asking more information about your work experience to check whether you can claim for work experience points..

Yes you have 65 points

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As per the ACS assessment the experience is less than 3 years so Points = 0

Qualification - Yes you get 15 points.

If Age + English + Qualification = 65 happy days you can apply for PR.

Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, appreciate your prompt response.

Even though I'm working in the same company, I believe my experience won't be counted after March 2015 as I got promoted in April 2015 for a higher desingation.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You answered your own question, since your education has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Bachelor Degree with a Major in computing, you get 15 points. I was asking more information about your work experience to check whether you can claim for work experience points..

Yes you have 65 points
Many thanks Anamica. Appreciate your prompt response.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Thank you very much, appreciate your prompt response.

Even though I'm working in the same company, I believe my experience won't be counted after March 2015 as I got promoted in April 2015 for a higher desingation.
It's a tricky one. Everyone at work gets promoted (one hopes). If your R&Rs are precisely the same, but you get to play with bigger toys, you might have been well advised to get all the experience assessed by ACS as career progression. If your new role is different but still relevant to the skill, perhaps you could have got it assessed as a separate episode. If it's a "hands-off" managerial role that wouldn't match the skill, I guess you've got what you can :)

I'm interested; why didn't you get the total experience assessed?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a tricky one. Everyone at work gets promoted (one hopes). If your R&Rs are precisely the same, but you get to play with bigger toys, you might have been well advised to get all the experience assessed by ACS as career progression. If your new role is different but still relevant to the skill, perhaps you could have got it assessed as a separate episode. If it's a "hands-off" managerial role that wouldn't match the skill, I guess you've got what you can :)

I'm interested; why didn't you get the total experience assessed?
Thanks for your message. I sent all my details, listing my position and responsibilities in my two roles (including my current one in the current company), but they I believe have considered only till the time I was in my old role (i.e. March 2015) and have not considered my current role and experience at all. I've lost 2.5 years of recent experience.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts