Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was upset with the ACS assessment because of the following

1. Completed ignored my first 2 employment which totals to 5 years and 4 months (June 2001 to Sep 2006)
2. Did not count the first 2 years from Nov 2006 to Nov 2008.

In spite of having a total of 13 years and 9 months at the time of submission in March 2015 I ended up only having 6 years and 5 months losing 10 valuable points for employment

However I have a total of 60 points (without state nomination) as per the minimum requirement for GSM but it means the waiting time is going to be at least 4 months.

My assessment was done in Mar'15.

Questions
1. Any idea why they ignored the first 2 employment ? (only thing I could figure out is that the date of the letter produced is the actual date of relieving from the company)
2. Is there something I could do to count those years ?

Note: I have already submitted by EOI last month.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hi,

You need to explain a little more

1) Is your degree in Computer Science or Information Technology? If yes then ACS will cut minimum of 2 years from your total experience.
2) If you degree is other than mentioned in #1, then they will deduct 4 years from total experience.
3) ACS and DIBP will consider experience only for latest 10 years, so essentially, you will be evaluated for last 10 years from day ACS assesses.
4) Was your documentation to provide roles and responsibilities match with what ACS want?

There can be many more reason that you got less years as skilled experience. You have to elaborate more.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You need to explain a little more

1) Is your degree in Computer Science or Information Technology? If yes then ACS will cut minimum of 2 years from your total experience.
2) If you degree is other than mentioned in #1, then they will deduct 4 years from total experience.
3) ACS and DIBP will consider experience only for latest 10 years, so essentially, you will be evaluated for last 10 years from day ACS assesses.
4) Was your documentation to provide roles and responsibilities match with what ACS want?

There can be many more reason that you got less years as skilled experience. You have to elaborate more.
Thanks aarohi and apologies for the late response as I was out on vacation.
1. My degrees is Bachelors in computer technology
2. I have shown work experience since June 2001 and the assessment was done in Mar'2015. Therefore its 13 years and 9 months at the time of submission
3. I engaged an agent and he verified the documents before submission and hence I believe its relevant.

Employment Summary
#1 Jun 2001 to Apr 2004
#2 Apr 2004 to Sep 2006
#3 Nov 2006 to Apr 2008
#4 Apr 2008 to Jun 2010
#5 Jun 2010 to Jan 2011
#6 Jan 2011 to Current

Except the first 2, rest of the letters were issued recently as per ACS requirements. For the first since the existing letters were adequate (as per the agent) did not requested a new one.

ACS Result
1. Ignored the first 2 employment quoting "Not Assessable due to In
sufficient Detail"
2. Deducted 2 years from Nov 2006 to Nov 2008 and considered the rest.

So I ended up with 6 years and 4 months when in fact my total experience is 13 years and 9 months. Even if they only consider last 10 years and deduct 2 years, I should have got 8 years and therefore 20 points.

Now I lost 10 valuable points and have to wait for a long time. Annoying. :mad:

Will a re-assessment help ? Agent advised against it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
soo?

Thanks aarohi and apologies for the late response as I was out on vacation.
1. My degrees is Bachelors in computer technology
2. I have shown work experience since June 2001 and the assessment was done in Mar'2015. Therefore its 13 years and 9 months at the time of submission
3. I engaged an agent and he verified the documents before submission and hence I believe its relevant.

Employment Summary
#1 Jun 2001 to Apr 2004
#2 Apr 2004 to Sep 2006
#3 Nov 2006 to Apr 2008
#4 Apr 2008 to Jun 2010
#5 Jun 2010 to Jan 2011
#6 Jan 2011 to Current

Except the first 2, rest of the letters were issued recently as per ACS requirements. For the first since the existing letters were adequate (as per the agent) did not requested a new one.

ACS Result
1. Ignored the first 2 employment quoting "Not Assessable due to In
sufficient Detail"
2. Deducted 2 years from Nov 2006 to Nov 2008 and considered the rest.

So I ended up with 6 years and 4 months when in fact my total experience is 13 years and 9 months. Even if they only consider last 10 years and deduct 2 years, I should have got 8 years and therefore 20 points.

Now I lost 10 valuable points and have to wait for a long time. Annoying. :mad:

Will a re-assessment help ? Agent advised against it.

If your work experience is from overseas…

Three years = 5 points
Five years = 10 points
Eight years = 15 points

For work experience gained in Australia in your nominated occupation:

One year = 5 points
Three years = 10 points
Five years = 15 points
Eight years = 20 points

was all the 8 years gained in Australia?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All my work experience was out of Australia but in different countries.

I thought it was 20 points for 8+ years. Based on your reply I realize its 15 points for overseas and 20 for Australian experience.

Anything that I can do now since my wait is going to be long. I submitted my EOI on 16th June with 60 points and its looks like I may not get invite before December.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All my work experience was out of Australia but in different countries.

I thought it was 20 points for 8+ years. Based on your reply I realize its 15 points for overseas and 20 for Australian experience.

Anything that I can do now since my wait is going to be long. I submitted my EOI on 16th June with 60 points and its looks like I may not get invite before December.
I don't know your English scores since you haven't posted. May be try from Proficient [10 points] to Superior [20 points].

Else if your partner is also skilled and the occupation is on the same list as yours, you get to gain 5 points. Of Course you need the letter from the right assessing body. He/She can should have functional english i.e 30+ in all modules of PTE.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jai

Reactions: rakavi

·
Registered
570 Posts
Dear RAKAVI,

Well Sorry to hear that your experience is not valued properly,
you have 2 options.
1) As Never touch me replied, you can look at your English qualifying scores. if you are getting around 10 pts and if you have written IELTS, you can look at spending Rs10K more and write the PTE A and easily score Band 8 ( 79 marks + in each segment). this will take your current points to 70.

OR
2) You can look at re-evaluation, however, the fees is 385 AUD. if you are okay to spend that, then Re-document your work again. This time pay attention to your work exp to match up to skills mentioned in the SOL list. Going by the trend this option has not yielded high returns.

well choice is entirely yours, there are forums on PTE A and you can verify my claims.

Reactions: rakavi

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know your English scores since you haven't posted. May be try from Proficient [10 points] to Superior [20 points].

Else if your partner is also skilled and the occupation is on the same list as yours, you get to gain 5 points. Of Course you need the letter from the right assessing body. He/She can should have functional english i.e 30+ in all modules of PTE.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jai
I did IELTS and got 10 points. I don't think its easy to get 8 in IELTS writing. Partner is not working for a while and that option is ruled out.

Left with only choice of going for PTE and target 20 points.

Thanks for your inputs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear RAKAVI,

Well Sorry to hear that your experience is not valued properly,
you have 2 options.
1) As Never touch me replied, you can look at your English qualifying scores. if you are getting around 10 pts and if you have written IELTS, you can look at spending Rs10K more and write the PTE A and easily score Band 8 ( 79 marks + in each segment). this will take your current points to 70.

OR
2) You can look at re-evaluation, however, the fees is 385 AUD. if you are okay to spend that, then Re-document your work again. This time pay attention to your work exp to match up to skills mentioned in the SOL list. Going by the trend this option has not yielded high returns.

well choice is entirely yours, there are forums on PTE A and you can verify my claims.
Option 1 is more sensible since its cheaper relatively and completely on us. Will consider only that if I have to expedite my process.

Thanks for the details

1 - 9 of 9 Posts